Thursday, November 15, 2012

Month of Gratitude: Days 14-15

Day 14: Yesterday I was most grateful for my mom and sister for going wedding dress shopping with me! It's so exciting to finally be able to shop for a dress, and I found the perfect one. Seriously. I NEED THAT DRESS!!! But we're checking out another store to make sure we get the best one for the best deal. But I'm still hoping for the one I fell in love with yesterday. I can't say anything else just in case my fiance reads this. Sorry!

Day 15: Today I'm most grateful for the power of prayer. Sorry. I'm LDS, and the next paragraphs are very Mormon-y. So if you don't want to read on, you don't have to.

So last year I accidentally took home a pair of gold pants from the USU Ballroom team (shown below) and they have a performance this Saturday so they need them back. I knew they were in my house somewhere, but I had been looking all week and could not find them! I was so scared! I would feel absolutely terrible if I had lost those pants, especially two days before a performance! So today I thoroughly cleaned my room and still couldn't find them. So I prayed. I prayed that I would be able to find the pants. I didn't get an answer right away. There wasn't some magical appearance of the pants or I suddenly knew of their location. Nothing like that. I just continued to clean my room. I had to take some boxes downstairs to the basement and while I had already looked through that stuff, I could have sworn the pants were in my bedroom somewhere. So I took down the boxes and saw a laundry bag. I was like "Oh yeah, when I first moved down here, the pants were in there, but I took them out." But I looked anyways, and there were the pants. :)

I truly believe in the power of prayer and I know that my Father in Heaven listens to each and everyone of us and He knows what we truly need and He will help us get what we need, no matter what. Sometimes the answers take a long time, other times it only takes a couple seconds. But He will answer.

I'm grateful that my prayer was answered today and that I was able to find the pants.


Okay, sorry, you can't actually see the pants that well. But this was the event where I borrowed the pants and took them home from. So this picture is the best for this post.

I'm also grateful that while I left the stove on while writing this post it didn't burn the house down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...