Monday, November 26, 2012

Month of Gratitude: Day 25

I have a lot to be grateful for today. It was a beautiful Sunday with my family. Church was good. I looked good. Playing Wii with my siblings was great. It was just a beautiful Sunday.

I've been complaining a lot lately about working too much to write. So here's an idea of why I was saying that.

With my combined two jobs I worked 62 hours this week. That's a lot of hours!! It was a holiday week too! Yes, I worked on Thanksgiving (and got paid time and a half for it) Unfortunately, with most jobs when you get over 40 hours you get paid time and a half for overtime, but I don't get that because I didn't work over 40 in a single job. However, the job I worked more at, I get paid twice as much as the other one. So by my calculations, this week I've made over $700.

Yep. That's definitely something to be grateful for.

It's amazing to me that in a few short months I went from maybe making $400 a month to making $700 in a week. Except realistically, this is a one time thing. Maybe I'll do the same hours this week, but then my second job will be over. It was just a short project and now it's nearing the end. The deadline is either today or Friday. If it's today, I'm slightly screwed, but it's not entirely my fault things aren't done. If it's Friday, I'll have to put in lots of hours, but I will make sure it gets done. I hate leaving a job unfinished.

I'm very grateful for my family, my jobs and my electric blanket. It keeps me warm at night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...