Monday, November 12, 2012

Facebook Events

Recently I've been annoyed with Facebook. If it's not broke, don't fix it! I'm sick of all the changes. I hate timeline. Hate it! It makes it harder to stalk my friend's Facebook walls (ha ha, admit it, we all do it sometimes). I was a little upset when every "Happy Birthday" post on my wall was grouped together on the timeline so it was only a little square. Lots of things are much more complicated than they should be. Facebook tries to tag your friends into everything you do AND it's really creepy about tagging! When you put up photos it tries to guess which one of your friends it is... and it's usually right.

But this post isn't about any of that. In fact it doesn't have to do with Mark Zuckerberg's changes at all. It has to do with my friends. Two friends in particular. Who invite me to EVERYTHING!!! I probably get two event invitations from them weekly... each. That's not even the worst part. If I don't see it or don't respond to it soon, I start getting notifications from it. So I get tons of notifications for events that I don't plan on going to.

And why don't I plan on going to these events? Well, one of my friends goes to UVU. And for some strange reason wants to invite me to every UVU student event. I am not a UVU student! I go to USU. I see how that could be a little confusing, but really, they're like two and a half hours away from each other. And UVU isn't that exciting anyways. Yes, it was my 2nd choice college, but when typing UVU and USU, UVU is the one that says it's "spelled incorrectly", therefore, not that cool and not that exciting.

So when I push decline on all these events, Facebook asks me "Why can't you attend this event?"  Oh, well maybe because I'm not a student. And it gives me the option to block all events from this friend. However, he is a member of the UVU Ballroom Dance Team. We were on the same high school ballroom team together so I majorly support him in this and occasionally I get invites to ballroom events. Those I love to hear about and want to go to! But they are few in the amount of invites I get.

Well, I'm done rambling pointlessly for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...