Sunday, November 11, 2012

Month of Gratitude: Days 10-11

Day 10: I'm most grateful for my grandpa. He passed away almost three years ago but he's never stopped being an influence in my life. My grandpa served in the US Navy in the Korean War. He was married to my grandma for 50 years, they never dated or loved anyone else. They were always the cutest couple and I loved the rare moments I got to see them. Their love story inspires me to be like them and to never give up on my one true love for the rest of my life. I will forever be grateful for the way he loved my grandma.

My grandpa helped raise six children, one of them being my mom. I can't imagine my mom to be any better than she is, she was certainly raised right. He took special care of his grandchildren and treated us with kindness no matter what. He was strong in all he did until his final days on this earth.

I love my grandpa! I'm so grateful for his service in the Navy! I'm grateful for all the US military and for all the veterans! You are true heroes and you will always continue to amaze me with your bravery and willingness to serve. Happy Veterans Day!!!

My grandpa and his family.


Day 11: I'm grateful for old friend. More particularly my best pal Colton who returned on Tuesday from his two year LDS mission in Peru. He was a wonderful missionary! He was always a great friend to me, the best friend I had. It was wonderful seeing you today Colton! Welcome home! :)

Me and my best friend Colton in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...