Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Traditions

So I'm curious as to how many of my readers have consistently annual Thanksgiving traditions?

My family does not. Every Thanksgiving is different. Sometimes we visit my Nana in California, sometimes she comes here, sometimes it's just my parents and siblings, sometimes we have a Pre-Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house in Smithfield, sometimes my cousin who lives in Orem visits. It's never the same!

But everything Thanksgiving is great. Why? Because I get to spend it with my family.


I have been so blessed! My brother and sister are my best friends and my parents are simply incredible (and I'm not just sucking up to them because they're paying for my upcoming wedding). It doesn't matter to me what we do for Thanksgiving or where we go, because I always have them.

This year is different though. 

This year my fiance is coming to my house for Thanksgiving. His family will be in St. George and he's working on Wednesday. So he's celebrating Thanksgiving with us.

I love that he is already a part of our family! My future spouse already spends so much time with my family and they all get along really well! It's such a blessing to have found the perfect man, and to have my family love him too.

However...

Next Thanksgiving will be our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. I'm not sure what we plan on doing, but, thanks to Pinterest, I have a few traditions I want to start for our little family. (All photos are obtained from Pinterest! Particularly here)


I love doing crafts! This particular craft is perfect because it's reversible and I'll be a newly-wedded poor college student.


This is way down the road, but how cute is this for little kids? I'm totally making this for my kids someday!


But this is the main one. Every year on Thanksgiving you pull out the same table cloth and all your Thanksgiving guests sign it saying what they are most thankful for that year. I love this idea! I am starting it next year even though we probably won't be hosting a Thanksgiving dinner in our little apartment.

.... I have a quick correction. My family does have one Thanksgiving tradition. Every year we go around the table and say what we are most thankful for. But really, how is that much different than this table cloth idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...