Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Routine



Here's a terrifying secret for ya'll... I started making YouTube videos. This is terrifying because of my complete and utter inability to talk to people, public speak, or otherwise interact with other human beings. I'm a writer, and completely anti-social, and, I've said this many times before, I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety disorder. And even though when making YouTube videos I'm in the privacy of my apartment, knowing I'm talking to basically anyone on the internet absolutely terrifies me.

But I'm hoping that doing this will help me be able to talk to people more. I'm working on my shyness and inability to talk to people and this is my therapy. I also wanted another way to help you see the things that I do, rather than just from typing it out on here. I'll still blog all the time, but the videos will just be an addition, and a bit rarer.

So today I filmed a video of my everyday makeup routine and I will have that down below, but for now here is a list of all the products I am currently using and a short review on them. Enjoy!

Primer: REVLON Photoready Perfecting Primer

  • This is only the second primer I've used, but I really like this one because it has a pump which is handy and it moisturizes my skin, evens my skin tone, and really helps my makeup to stay all day. I haven't tried many primers, but I'm a big fan of this one. 
Dark Circle Eraser: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

  • I've said it before, I'm a huge fan. I will probably always use this stuff. 
Foundation: Maybelline New York Super Stay 24Hr Makeup

  • I'm not a big fan of this one. I bought it mainly because it's Maybelline and everything I use is Maybelline, but I don't like it. The bottle turned into a huge mess and I can't clean it. I think it looks good on and blends well but it's a bit heavy and something needs to be done about the bottle. 
Mascara: Maybelline New York Volume Express Colossal Cat Eyes Washable Mascara

  • I love Maybelline mascaras, they are the reason I mainly buy Maybelline products. I've tried lots of theirs and this one isn't my favorite, but it's still really good. I think it puts a good curl in my lashes and doesn't look too clumpy or fake while still leaving my lashes soft to the touch. Love Maybelline mascaras! 
Eyeshadow: Ulta Trendsetter
  • I'm not positive if that name is the exact color though... But I'm literally obsessed with this color and don't know what I'm going to do or how to find it again once it's gone. It's such a pretty, shimmery bronze that's both subtle and amazing. I'm in love. 
Liquid Eyeliner: Maybelline New York Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner

  • I love this stuff for my upper lash line. It does such a good job and defining my lash line and goes on really smoothly and stays really well. Last summer I used it on my lower lash line as well and it still stayed through the day despite my constant watery eyes, so I love this liner. 
Eyeliner: Maybelline New York Unstoppable Eyeliner

  • This is not my favorite waterproof liner, but it's still good. I recently started lining my water line and now I'm obsessed, I love the way it makes my eyes look (and I love my eyes) and doing this with a waterproof liner helps make the look stay through the whole day. I love doing my eyeliner this way and this liner is pretty good at doing the job. 
Finishing Powder: NYX Cosmetics Studio Finishing Powder

  • This is the first finishing powder I've used and I like it a lot. I honestly wish I had something like this back when I was in dance and was in competitions all day and needed my makeup to last forever. There's other finishing products I want to try, but I do like this one a lot. 
Lips: Maybelline New York Baby Lips Crystal Lip Balm

  • I have three different Baby Lips and I love them all. They really moisturize and give a great color. I'm not a big fan of lipsticks, so I love colored lip balms.
One last thing, I got this new shirt from a LuLaRoe party last night and I love it! They have tons of super cute shirts, dresses, and skirts. I wish I could have bought more from them and hope to soon! You can find their Facebook page HERE

So anyways, I guess I'll get to the video now. Thank you in advance for watching and I'm working on getting better editing and images, so forgive me for the poor quality. I'm trying. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Maybelline does make some really awesome mascara. I've always loved their Lash Blast lines. I just subscribed to your channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the video - I love seeing what others use in their makeup routines!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...