Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pregnancy Diary: Week 8 - Blogtober Day 14

STATS:

  • Date: Saturday August 29th, 2015
  • Size of baby: Jelly bean (0.6 inches)
  • Baby bump: None
  • Symptoms:
    • Morning sickness: A little
    • Nausea: Heck yes, all the time
    • Fatigue: Normal for me, but yes
    • Cravings: Not really, nothing sounds good
    • Other: Smells are just the worst

STORIES:

(Note: As shown by the date above, this post was written weeks previously, so some of these things may be outdated.)

So this week my incredible husband Chris said the greatest thing ever, and I quote:
"You eat whatever you want! You're pregnant, you'll have cravings, if you want something I'll get it for you." 
He totally said that, and now it's written down so I'm holding him to it. It was in the midst of a conversation about how he's sick of eating junk food and not working out. He wants to get fit again. Which honestly, he has a bit of a belly but other than that he's a well toned healthy guy. Yes, when I met him he was super skinny, but I like the way he looks. I think it's just pressure from his brothers who tease him all the time, which is sad.

Last Saturday was my work Lagoon day and I was so annoyed I couldn't go on anything!! I love roller coasters and love spinning rides and to be at Lagoon and not be able to do anything kind of sucked. But Chris was again amazing and he didn't go on anything without me and we were still able to have a lot of fun.

I can't even begin to explain how amazing Chris has been during all this.

Last Sunday I threw up in a gutter which was not my most shining moment. It was the first throwing up incident of my pregnancy and still my only one, which has been nice. But I am nauseous all the time and at work run to the bathroom a few times a day thinking I'm going to throw up, but I never do.

I had taken a few really bad days off of work. Monday I felt exactly the same as I had the day before so I stayed home and took care of myself, and even got a priesthood blessing (more on that later). And when I went back to work Tuesday my boss, who knows of my pregnancy, informed me I'm all out of days off for the year. So basically unless I get a doctors note I'm at risk of getting fired if I miss again. Although, I once saw a Lindsay Lohan movie where she pretends to be pregnant so she can't get fired. Is that a real thing? Can they really not fire pregnant women?

Anyways, I'm not actually too concerned about it though because in talking on the phone to my doctor I've been able to handle my nausea better with B12 vitamins and regular snacking. And my boss knows what's happening and knows I'm trying, she also knows I'm good at my job, and I'm pretty sure I could easily fight back for getting in trouble for being sick. But my boss authorized a temporary change in my work schedule so I now work a 9-6 since mornings are the worst and if I wasn't absent, I was usually a little later. I don't start this new schedule till next week but knowing how things have been I think this will help.

Work does suck though. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm pregnant because of my missed days and my nausea, which makes me a little upset because our parents don't even know yet and they should be first! A few people have asked me about if I am pregnant and I've become good at lying. One in particular, Kim, was really excited thinking I was pregnant and when I said I wasn't she told me to get pregnant because she's baby hungry and wants one around. I love Kim and it made me laugh.

A huge thank you to Chris and our home teacher for giving me a priesthood blessing on Monday. I've been praying a lot for help through all of this, and I know He's been helping, but I truly feel the blessing really helped. I know I can trust in the gospel and I really have been depending on it lately.

I've been thinking up ways to announce our pregnancy and we have a few good ones. I have my first doctors appointment September 10th and we're announcing that weekend to our families. I will document it on here but our current idea is like a box of donuts or something that says we're pregnant. I wanted to do little gifts for everyone but that's too obvious since it's just a random day in September (well not entirely random, it's 9/11, but that's not exactly a gift-giving day). But we're still looking at ideas. We want it to be good since it'll be the first grandchild for both our families, so it has to be a big surprise that doesn't give it away too soon, but also sentimental.

So many times I've wanted to call my mom and tell her. Yes, I want her to be a part of the big surprise, but she's been through this before and when I'm feeling sick and crying because I don't know what to do, it's my mom I most want to talk to. So here's a public note to my mom: You're the one I want to tell most because I want your help and advice. The only reason I'm not is because I know how much you've been wanting this for me and I want to be with you and see your reaction when I tell you the news. I love you, I wish I could tell you, and I hope you forgive me for waiting so long to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...