Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Favorite Fictional Couples

This post was originally put up on my blog last June, but I decided in honor of Valentines Day I would share it again. Enjoy! 
____________________________________________________

When I was in my 8th grade Spanish 1 class, we (as a class) once kept our teacher from teaching us any Spanish by having him rant about how the people that you are around influence you and you become like them (which explains my lack of knowledge on the Spanish language).

That story is only partially relevant to this post.

See, as I'm sure we all do, I have some of my favorite fictional couples from books and movies. And if the above statement is true, I would love to hang out with these couples, because their relationships are so strong and beautiful and I love the way that they love each other. I aspire to be like these couples (although my relationship, in my opinion, is better than all of these ones combined) because these couples work hard at their relationships and love each other no matter what.

So here is my list of ten my favorite fictional couples (with pictures and videos!!!) in no particular order. I know I'll be leaving out some good ones but I can always make another list later. (WARNING: May contain spoilers! Read at your own risk!)

Fergus and Elinor (from Pixar's Brave


Chris and I keep trying to watch this show but our DVD player is broken and really hates this movie (apparently) so we've never been able to get through it. I absolutely ADORE the relationship that Fergus and Elinor have. I don't care that this is a cartoon, but when Fergus sees that his wife may be sick, him immediately begins to worry. When he finds his wife gone, he really freaks out. But it's all out of love. You can see it and hear it and it's the cutest thing ever. I'm not the biggest fan of this movie, but they're relationship is so adorable. And Merida is so cute in the picture above!

Chandler and Monica (from Friends)


I talk about Friends way too much on this blog but it's only because it's my favorite!! I love that going through all the seasons, Chandler was always partial to Monica, even from the very beginning. And it's just so cute to me that it pays of for them. Everyone always want to marry their best friend (which I did) and Monica and Chandler absolutely did and it was just so perfect.

Ron and Hermione (from Harry Potter by JK Rowling)


I'm currently going through all the Harry Potter movies and it's so funny the relationship that Ron and Hermione have in the first movie/book. Their relationship is just cute. It's another friends to couple story, but theirs was kind of always there. Ron always felt something there and I'm pretty sure Hermione did too. And it's just the cutest relationship to read and especially to watch them as cute little 11 year old kids then turn into adults and have such a strong and meaningful relationship. Bravo JK Rowling. Bravo.

Shawn and Juliet (from Psych)


This is one of my favorite Shawn and Juliet scenes. I don't care that there have been a ton of adorable ones since this moment, especially since they ended up together (he is seriously the cutest boyfriend to her). This scene shows the beginning. Shows that he loved her, not like, love, from the moment that he met her. There is no cuter relationship than this one, because he always always loved her and never ever stopped.

Jim and Pam (from The Office)


Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski played these roles absolutely perfectly because their relationship is probably the best there ever was on television. It always felt so real that I often forget that they are actors and that they're really in relationships with other people. Jim and Pam are perfect in every way. This show let you see their relationship grow from a crush to married with kids and it was just so beautifully written (their relationship, not always the show) that their relationship really captivated you and made you happy.

Dill and Rosemary (from Easy A (yeah, I didn't know their names either until IMDB))




Ha ha ha! They are just too funny! I absolutely love this movie! They are the greatest movie parents ever, but they also have a very funny and cute relationship. She always picks him as family member of the week because she loves him so much. It's just cute and funny and loveable.

Also in this movie I love Olive and "Woodchuck" Todd. He is just so darn cute to her and always stands up for her and believes in her. It's very cute. If you haven't seen this movie, I do recommend it, however I also recommend that you're comfortable with "adult" issues and maybe a bit older before you see it (AKA, I do NOT want my little brother seeing it just yet).

Steve and Peggy (from Captain America: The First Avenger)


(SPOILER ALERT) This might be one of my favorite ones on here. Their love story is so dang cute and tragic and it just breaks your heart. However, Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite books so I'm kind of in love with tragic love stories. First of all, Captain America is pretty dang attractive (I'm sorry husband, I still love you!!!!) so I'm automatically going to like him on screen. But then you add a very strong female character, which I love. I love how brave and strong of a character she is, it's refreshing from the usually super hero movies where the girl is just a damsel in distress. But their little crush is so cute and it builds and builds to this beautiful love story... then it fades away and your sad but you secretly know in your heart that everything is okay, because they got to experience true love and they got to be together, even if it was for a short while.

Marshall and Lily (from How I Met Your Mother)


I've already written a little about these two here, so I won't say a ton more. When Chris and I were watching this show together, we realized how much alike we are to these two. This couple will always have a special place in my heart because they just remind me of Chris and myself, and I love my relationship the most.

And also...


Marshall is pretty dang romantic and smart. He is wonderful in a relationship.

Ross and Rachel (from Friends)


I honestly don't think there's anything left to say after this video. He's her lobster. :) (and I apologize for the weird song at the end, not my video)

Bart and Allison (from Emeralds and Espionage by Lynn Gardner) 

I first read this books when I was in middle school and I told myself that if I could marry any fictional character, it would be Bart. I don't have much to say except, please read these books and please learn about the beautiful and wonderful relationship that these two have which is so very real that it could easily be imitated in real life. Read this books and learn to love this couple as much as I do.

________________________________________________________

Who are your favorite fictional couples? Did I leave out any important ones? Let me know in the comments below! 
THANKS FOR READING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...