Friday, February 28, 2014

February Review


What? February's over? What is going on here??? I'm sorry but these last two months just flew by and weren't very good for me, so if this is any indication of how the rest of the year will go for me, I'm not looking forward to it.

Anyways, let's step into my brief review of February. Because nothing monumental happened, I'm just making a quick list of events. You can click on the links to read about them from any existing blog posts.

  • I struggled in school. 
  • I signed up for a 5k.
  • I complained about not having a smartphone.
  • I got a smartphone
  • I got humiliated at school. 
  • Suddenly it was Valentines Day.
  • I learned I probably have Social Anxiety Disorder.
  • I went to St. George.
  • We celebrated my husband's 25th birthday
  • We made a huge decision for this summer.
  • I got sick again
  • I had to give a presentation in school.
  • I continued to struggle in school
  • I announced we're moving to Texas
  • I started my fashion posts on this blog. 
  • And tonight I'm seeing Brian Reagan (and I'll write about it later).  
I don't understand why this year isn't going well for me. If you have any advice, please let me know! 


Now onto reviewing my New Years Resolutions to see how well I've been doing on them. You can read more about my resolutions for 2014 by CLICKING HERE

[To gain 100 blog followers] When I add up the followers from my five social media outlets (GFC, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram) I get over 150 followers!!! However, I wanted this goal to be more centered towards a single outlet. Facebook, for example. If I get 100 likes on Facebook this year I'll feel like I've fully accomplished this goal. I'm not saying I'm not happy with my current state, because I totally am, but I just want to branch out more. 

[To run a 5k] As I said earlier in this post, I signed up for a 5k! I am super excited for it! It's the Color Vibe in Cache Valley and I'm doing it with my family so it will be tons of fun. I would love to see my blog followers there as well, so don't forget to sign up and I'll see you there! (Read my full post HERE) I wrote this section before the whole Texas thing. Because we will be in Texas we won't be doing the Color Vibe in Cache Valley, but we'll try to find something in Texas or do something here when we get back. I'm upset I can no longer do the run, but I'm excited for Texas!

[To get six pack abs] Not yet, but I've been using the My Fitness Pal app to keep track of my calorie intake. The last time I used this (with an additional diet) I lost eight pounds! So with this app and training for my 5k, I'm sure my six pack will be here soon!

[To improve my math skills] I haven't worked on this one at all yet. To be honest, I'm scared to because I have such a horrible history with math, but it's something I have to do for my resolution, for my major, and for my future career. 

[To make school more of a priority] I don't know if I've done this. I spend a lot of time on campus and I've been doing my assignments, but I don't know if I'd consider it my main priority right now, so there is still work to do. 

[To eat healthier] Major failing here. However, with My Fitness Pal I know I'm not eating too many calories. I eat awful things like pizza and cookies all the time, but I don't go over my calorie intake goal. So that's a start, I guess... 

[To save up more money] Next month my husband and I are doing a "Money Free March", we are going to try to spend no money except for bills, fuel, and groceries. We eat out way too much and we both like to shop so next month we are going to stop and take a break and see how much money we can save up. I'm planning on writing blog posts about it and I'll tell you how it goes. 

[To not procrastinate] I don't think I'm doing very well at this one. I tend to wait to do my assignments until the last minute. (Because why write an essay when I could be working on my blog?) So I'm a procrastinator and being a horrible one at that by procrastinating at this particular New Years Resolution. Fail. 

[To read more] The only things I've been reading lately are my school books and Sparknotes for when I don't read my school books. This semester I really don't have the time to read for fun so this goal (along with my Book Club) will have to wait. 

[To pray and read my scriptures everyday] Once you get out of a habit, it can be so hard to get back into it. In high school I was so good at praying every night. I've never been good at reading my scriptures though. But I really want to work harder at this, I'm just trying to get back into it. 


Well there you have it. My February Review. To read my other monthly reviews CLICK HERE and don't forget to follow my blog on any of my social media outlets to keep up with new blog posts and upcoming giveaways! 
THANKS FOR READING!! 

3 comments:

  1. So many great goals! I'm interested to hear how the "Money Free March" goes- I need to do something like that soon, this eating out thing is getting out of control. Good luck with all of these goals!

    - Rebekah @ bluegiraffesandconcretejungles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, we eat out WAY too much! It's ridiculous. But our bank account can't handle it anymore so we have to make a change. I'll be writing more about it soon!

      Delete
  2. Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder and that's why Jan and Feb are so rough.I think that might be my case.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...