Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Favorite Scripture


This has been a favorite scripture of mine since high school. It's helped me through some really difficult moments in my life and I know it will help me with my current struggles (that I'm not willing to share on this blog... yet). However this picture leaves out one of my favorite parts in the next verse:

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.  Doctrine & Covenants 121:8

Whenever I feel upset or am going through a trial in my life, I think of the above scriptures. "Peace be unto thy soul", I read those words and I feel the peace, I feel God's light shining in my life. "Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." A favorite quote of mine is this:



The Lord doesn't want to torture us no matter how difficult our trials may be. If we trust in Him, pray to Him, believe in Him, follow His commandments, read His words, He will always help us through our trials. He will always help us to win our battles.

Right now I'm going through some medical issues (that so lovingly appeared two week before my wedding). And while these are very serious issues, I've felt rather calm. Because I trust the Lord will help me through. I trust in his works and I pray to Him that everything will turn out all right. I have a lot of people praying for me  and I'm so grateful for them and all the love they give me. And I know that the Lord offers a love so much stronger and powerful than all of theirs. I will be fine.

"Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." This is just a small trial in my life, but I already feel so blessed. I'll be able to get through this, but only with the Lords help. He will help me, "triumph over all my foes." :)


Writers Note: Are you confused where Doctrine & Covenants is in the Bible? Well it's not in the Bible. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or LDS or Mormons. If you would like more information about the LDS church, please feel free to send me an email at thedancingcowblogger@gmail.com. You can also request for me to send you a Book of Mormon or Doctrine & Covenants (which is one of my favorite books of scripture). I'll send you one for free if your interested! Just email me and let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...