Sunday, April 21, 2013

Things to Do Before I'm 30

So I'm 22 years old and getting married in about three weeks. I feel I'm stepping into a new stage of my life, where I have to 'act' like an adult more and work harder in school and work. I can't depend on my parents anymore. I have to be independent. But most importantly, I want to make goals for myself.

I'm currently watching the episode of Friends where it's Rachel's 30th birthday and it flashbacks to everyone else's 30th birthdays. Phoebe on her 30th has a list of things she wanted to do before she was 30.  So here's my list of things I want to do before I'm 30.


  1. I'd like to graduate. It's been a long (slightly painful) journey so far and I sadly have a few more years left, but I know I can graduate if I really set my mind to it. I'm going to graduate as soon as I can, definitely before I'm thirty. 
  2. I want to start having kids before I'm 30. I'd like to start having kids after I graduate. I kind of want them now... but I know myself, and if I had kids now I would never graduate. So in this case, these goals are in order. 
  3. I want to teach high school. Again, this is sort of in order. I obviously can't start teaching until after I graduate, but teaching is something I really want to do and I really think I could be a great teacher and really make a difference in my student's lives. I want to help high school students. I want to be a teacher. 
  4. I want to become a good cook. I'm not saying I want to be a great cook. Good is fine enough for me. I just don't want Chris to continually be expected to be the cook in our relationship (because he currently is).
  5. I want to throw a party. Like a Superbowl party, or a surprise party, or a bridal shower, or a soccer party (for my soccer loving fiance). I just want to throw a party that people enjoy. 
  6. I want to learn to sew. I know how to sew on buttons, use a sewing machine and mend things, but I want to be able to sew the things I've pinned on my Pinterest page. 
  7. I want to travel outside the United States. Preferably to Scotland with Christopher because he is so in love with that place. But I just want to experience a new place. I've never been outside the US before and it's just something I'd really like to accomplish before I'm thirty. 
  8. I want to run a 5k. Maybe. I just want to be able to do it with Chris, who told me he wants to run a marathon. There is no way I'm running a marathon, but I 5k I'll maybe do. 
  9. I'd like to have a fit and healthy body. This is a life-long goal. I want a healthy body at all times. I want to always be at my ideal weight because it makes me feel good and healthy. 
  10. I want to choreograph as much as I can. Teaching dance is something I'm incredibly passionate about. It feels as if it's a need. I need to teach dance. It's a necessity to keep me happy. I know I can do it. I know that I would love it. I will teach dance and I will choreograph as many dances as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...