Monday, May 2, 2016

Feeding America [May 2016 COTM]

Hey friends! I wasn't planning on doing a Charity of the Month this month (I've been having a few issues so it hasn't been around for a while), however it didn't feel right to not highlight anything. So today I wanted to help you find your local food bank.

If you go to the Feeding America website, on the front page you'll find an orange line which reads "Find Your Local Food Bank" and you can just insert your zip code in there and see what's around you.

One of the saddest things in the world, in my opinion, is that there are people out there who can't always eat food. I feel heartbroken every time I see food go to waste. And just ask my husband, I clean my plate every time I eat in an unconscious effort to never waste food.

So when you find your local food bank, I encourage you to follow their donations rules and help out any way you can. I know it's hard to think you can make a difference, but if we all pitch in we can make a dent in the problem and bring someone happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...