Saturday, July 4, 2015

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!



Happy Independence Day everyone!!! Today I am bringing you another fashion post this week for the fun of it. It's a patriotic outfit including a flag scarf I bought last year. Remember, as I said yesterday, if you want to see my real outfit for today's holiday, you'll need to follow me on social media (here are the links to my Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr). 

Today I wanted to talk a bit though about my love of America. Now I want to travel and I've loved the vacations and different places I have been, but I have never had the opportunity to leave the US. So me saying that I love America could be slightly biased because I've never been anywhere else, but there's much more to it than that. 

I think a lot about the blessings I've been given in my life. Lately you've seen a lot of it with my Happy Tuesday posts, and I love taking the time every Tuesday to really think about what has made me happy and blessed me most. Living in America has always been one of those blessing. While I have no doubt my life could be wonderful if I had been born anywhere else, I will never not be grateful for the blessings and opportunities living in America has given me. 

Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the feeling of safety and protection, equality, the right to work and build a life for Chris, myself and our future family, and the freedom to publish my thoughts on this blog anytime I want are just a few of the blessings I have been given. But there's always more. 

I was born to the most amazing parents and have the most amazing family and then married the most incredible man in the world, all because my Father in Heaven knew exactly where to put me so that I could live my life the happiest. I've been given so much by my Father in Heaven and placing me in a country that I love is a big one. 

Yes, America has it's flaws and there will always be ideas of politicians and people that I don't agree with, but the country, it's mountains, valleys, deserts, rivers, beaches, lakes, and cities are what I love the most. We live in such a beautiful place and I cannot wait to continue exploring all this country has to offer. I am truly proud to be an American and live in this wonderful, beautiful country full of incredible people and opportunities. 

I hope you all have a wonderful, and safe, 4th of July! 









Shirt: Old Navy (Exact match)
Pants: Walmart (Same brand)
Shoes: K-Mart (Exact match)
Flag Scarf: Target (Similar item)


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've been obsessed with Old Navy recently. I love my latest top from them in the pictures above and here are a few other Old Navy tops that I'm in love with. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...