Monday, February 18, 2013

Chris's 24th Birthday!!!

Chris turned 24 on Friday! It was the greatest day ever! So I had prepared for him... 24 hours of gifts! He had one present to open each hour! Each gift was individually wrapped and listed with the time he could open it. It went from cheaper gifts to the greatest ones. I'm really mad at myself for not taking more pictures, but here's what I do have:


So at midnight I gave him a card explaining that he was getting 24 hours of gifts! It had a pin inside as well with Lego Yoda that said Jedi Birthday! He forgot to wear the pin the whole day though. (although we did have a wedding and wedding dinner to go to so I understand that much)


The card had a punch out Darth Vader that he got to put together. 


Aww!! He was so cute! 


This was Chris's huge bag of gifts! It was pretty heavy. I'm still mad I didn't take more pictures. At midnight he got to take off all the tissue paper and see that it was really 24 gifts as opposed to one big one.


This is the inside of the bag about halfway through the day. All Star Wars wrapping paper (Star Wars was the theme of his birthday).


But it wasn't all Star Wars. I got him a Fruit Ninja card game. (Which I won!!) 


Here are the presents on his bed about halfway through the day. :) 


At 11:00 PM I gave him a confetti popper to "end his birthday with a bang". And boy was it LOUD!! 


Okay, it doesn't sound loud in the video, but I promise it was. It scared me so bad I dropped my camera. (as you may have seen) It also made a huge mess in his apartment!




It was certainly effective. I took him out for dinner at Firehouse Pizza (where we ran into my ex) and then we hung out for a while in his apartment's hot tub. Most the day was spent at the wedding of our friends Kyle and Tiffany. We are very happy for them to be married and are excited for their baby coming this summer!

So here is what he got for his birthday:

  • Midnight: A card with a punch out Darth Vader model and a Yoda birthday pin (I wanted a crown but couldn't find any that weren't girly).
  • 1:00 AM: 24 pennies!
  • 2:00 AM: Mini soccer ball and a Darth Vader head with candy inside
  • 3:00 AM: A Kermit the Frog sucker (that was wearing a Santa hat, I got it forever ago at an after-Christmas sale)
  • 4:00 AM: 3 packages of balloons!! All different colors and sizes! There were over 100! 
  • 5:00 AM: Pez! Pez is surprisingly Chris's favorite candy. I got him R2D2, heart, and a creepy cupid head pez.
  • 6:00 AM: Two decks of cards, Star Wars themed! One deck was the hero's vehicles and the others were villain vehicles. They were cool. We played poker with them the next day with his brothers. 
  • 7:00 AM: This Star Wars top thing?? I still don't know what it is exactly. It was cheap. 
  • 8:00 AM: Big Bang Theory card trivia game and Darth Maul headphones
  • 9:00 AM: Fruit Ninja card game
  • 10:00 AM: Spiderman mug and hot chocolate set. 
  • 11:00 AM: ... I cannot for the life of me remember what this was...
  • 12:00 noon: 200 Classic Cartoons DVD set. I got this in the $5 movie bin at Walmart. It's four disks and we didn't watch it at all, but it's cool. 
  • 1:00 PM: A Yoda kite! Everyone needs a kite! 
  • 2:00 PM: A Lego Star Wars sticker book set thing. This was one of my favorites! It had three books: one about each of the Lego Star Wars mini figures, a sticker book with the Star Wars heroes and a sticker book with the Star Wars villains. Chris let me put all the stickers in the heroes one. It was great! The set also had a small Lego set for a space ship thing. He loved it! 
  • 3:00 PM: I gave his three homemade CDs. One was all love songs, one was the soundtrack from How I Met Your Mother, and the last was a bunch of Star Wars songs and remix Star Wars songs. It was fun. 
  • 4:00 PM: A briefcase thing from my dad's work with another Lego sticker book! This book was much bigger and had tons of stickers! 
  • 5:00 PM: A marshmellow shooter kit! This was just funny. 
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at Firehouse Pizza
  • 7:00 PM: The first two seasons of Friends! 
  • 8:00 PM: The Lego Star Wars video game for Wii! This is one of my favorite games. :)
  • 9:00 PM: This awesomely amazing Star Wars Cantina shirt I bought on Etsy! This was one of my favorites! He likes it a lot and it looks great on him. 
  • 10:00 PM: The Star Wars trilogy book version! I'm so excited to read this after we get married! I looked through it and I can't wait to read it! 
  • 11:00 PM: The confetti shooter and a big kiss! 

I also went to his apartment in the morning before he woke up and made him French toast. I should win a prize for giving him a great birthday! It was a super fun day for the both of us! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a terrific idea to celebrate Chris' birthday...

    Happy belated birthday, Chris!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...