Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Week in Photos: July 28th - August 4th

So I spent the week in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with my family. SO MUCH FUN!!! It doesn't matter that we go every year and do most the same things, I never get tired of it. This year Chris got to come up for a few days which made me super happy because all last week he was in New York, so I didn't get to see him. It was the longest we've been apart since we started dating (which we've been dating 9 months and 1 day, not too shabby). So I have over 300 pictures from this week, so I'm going to condense it as much as I can, and if you want to view more, just check out my facebook.


Saturday: Shopping trip with the family


I love how we always go to Jackson during the fair. This year there were a bunch of lemurs sleeping and snuggling. Apparently they did a show, but we never saw it. 


We took a free train ride around the fair. It was really fun! 


This year there were stingrays that you could pet. They always scare me, but I still pet them. 


All these kids jumped into this pool to catch fish with their bare hands. So much fun to watch! 


Nick was able to do it and ended up catching 3 fish! We gave them away though because we had no use for cute little fishies. 


Sunday: Figure 8 races!!! Super fun! I love these so much. They are so entertaining. :) 


Monday: The Things. Nick and Alexandra are best friends! 


We all went on a rafting trip down the Snake River. It was so much fun and exhausting! We all got soaked! 


Tuesday: We went on a hike to Taggart Lake. Mom wanted a picture of the kids in front of the Tetons.


Chris arrived and we went into town. He met Abraham Lincoln. :) 


Reunited after a week and a half apart!!! :) 


We got caught in a sudden thunderstorm. The entire lane filled up with water! We tried waiting for the storm to pass, but ended up crossing the street anyways. We both got soaked and when I stepped onto the street, the water went well above my ankle. It was an excited adventure. :) 


That night we took the gondola up the mountain. 


The view from the top is incredible! I had to take lots of pictures! 


Sibling love!! 


Wednesday: We went to String Lake with all the family. We got to canoe, play on the party boat, and were in a big splash fight with Nick and Alexandra. We were there most the day and Chris got really sunburnt, I only got a little red, but it's just a tan now. 


We took the scenic route back to the condo and got more pictures. 



That night we saw Dark Knight Rises (for the first time). It was such a good movie and so much fun! 


Thursday: Chris left Jackson and we had fun on all the benches in town. Here's me with Mark Twain. 


Nick with Benjamin Franklin. 


Alexandra with Albert Einstein. 


Michelle with Abraham Lincoln. 



"So I hear you're a vampire hunter....?" 



My Uncle Cory surprised Alexandra with a new long board. It was really cool! Happy birthday!!! :) 


We took the gondolas again, this time with everyone. 


Sometimes it's hard to get a family photo... but I love that about my amazing family. :) 


Friday: We had to leave Jackson early to go to Rexburg for Uncle Dick's funeral. It was a sad occasion, but a really good funeral. 


Saturday: We went to the Rexburg Cemetery and I got to see my Grandpa's headstone for the first time. It's beautiful. I miss my Grandpa a lot. 


(said very jokingly) "How cool! My name's on a headstone!" --mom. 


Later we went to visit my Grandma's old house. It's destroyed, but it was so cool to see. 


I took tons of photos because I find it so amazing that my Grandma lived here growing up. My family has been truly blessed through all our lives. 



When I came back home Saturday, Chris greeted me with a shirt from New York and a dozen beautiful red roses. I'm the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! 

--Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...