Thursday, October 12, 2017

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara | Review

What's up my friends? I have a love of Maybelline mascaras, always have, probably always will. They're my go-to whenever I need a new mascara and I try my best to keep testing out different ones anytime I go to buy them.

My current Maybelline mascara test was on the Colossal Big Shot. So here is my review on this particular mascara. You can also check out my quick video review (if you would rather listen than read) on my YouTube channel by CLICKING HERE.

You can purchase this mascara here*:

PROS:

-Like most Maybelline mascaras (and the reason I love them so much) this mascara does not ever feel heavy or stiff on my lashes. I can brush my finger over my lashes and not be met with hard, stiff lashes.

-The price. Maybelline mascaras are always at a good price point while doing a great job and not feeling cheap.

-The application is easy. The brush isn't too crazy like some where it is easier to get on your eyelids.

-Easy removal. This mascara comes off easily with a little makeup remover or even just soap and water (but, also with tears, see cons below).

-It gives my lashes a darker tone without clumping or making them too thick.

-The brush isn't too thick and can be used on lower lashes without difficulty.


CONS:

-The brush. The product easily clumps onto the bristles, giving you a smaller bristle to work with, making application difficult.

-It doesn't really make my lashes seem any longer, unlike other Maybelline mascaras.

-If you're pregnant and have morning sickness and your eyes water, this mascara will get everywhere. (I've said it before and I'll say it again, mascara commercials are dumb and all I want is one where it shows a woman getting broken up with and crying, but it doesn't look like she's crying because her makeup doesn't move. That's the real test of good makeup, in my opinion, if it stays on well while crying.)

-Comparatively to many mascaras, Maybelline or otherwise, it just isn't anything special. It does its job but doesn't wow me in any way.


MY VERDICT:

I have nothing against this mascara, and it may work out really well for you, but it's just not for me. It doesn't give me the extra length that I crave and doesn't match up to literally dozens of other mascaras I've tried in the past. If you want a good price mascara that does the bare minimum of a mascara, then you should be good with this one. It's just not for me and I will not be using it again.


_______________________________________________________________

So I will be doing a lot more reviews on my blog. This will include makeup and hair products like always, but also baby items that I use with my girls. If you have any requests on what I should review, leave a comment down below. And if you own a product or company and would like me to do a review for you, please email me at thedancingcowblogger@gmail.com. Thanks ever so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...