Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bubba

I was eighteen, just moved to Logan, and was trying out for the ballroom team. I was terrified I wouldn't make it. Terrified of my first year at college. Terrified of being away from my family. Through the practices, a boy came up to me and told me I would make it. He had confidence in me, even when I didn't.

I made the team and later learned this boy was Bubba.

We had fun together on ballroom. He made my freshman year of college memorable and exciting. We spent two years dancing together, joking together, getting Jamba Juice's together, and having fun.  Then Bubba got cancer and stopped doing ballroom, but I tried to keep contact with him and let him know I was always his friend and I would always support him.

Bubba pushed through chemo and went back to living a normal life. But that year I left Logan, I didn't see him again for another year.

One day after getting married and moving back to Logan, I decided to randomly visit my old ballroom coaches. Bubba was there and greeted me happily, like he always did. We talked a little, joked a little, and I enjoyed seeing him again. I had missed him.

Today the world lost Bubba.

Lost his loud, happy laughter. Lost his big smile. Lost his jokes. Lost his friendliness. Lost an incredible dancer and teacher. Lost him from this world to move on to the next.

It doesn't matter that I haven't spoken to him in months, Bubba had an effect on my life and he was a good friend. I loved him and he will be missed. Everyone who knew him loved him. He was such a fun person to be around and made you feel happy and loved.

I love you Bubba. I'm glad you no longer have to deal with your pain and medical issues. I know you're in a better place now. I know your safe and happy. Goodbye Bubba, I love and miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...