Monday, May 27, 2013

My Honeymoon!

So I want to write all about my wedding day, but I don't have all the pictures yet, so that will have to wait for a little while.

My honeymoon was INCREDIBLE!!! ...except for the beginning.

So we spent our wedding night at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. Everyone at that hotel is so nice. They gave us chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling citrus lemonade and a gift certificate to come back on our anniversary. I wish I had pictures, but unfortunately my brother had my camera. We had to meet up with my mom the next day to get my camera, but it's okay because when we met my mom she gave us more of our wedding cake (which was the most delicious cake of my life).

Then we drove to Chris's parent's house, or, my new in-laws. It was Mother's Day and we were able to talk with Chris's brother Sheldon (who is on an LDS mission in Michigan) on Skype. It was really cool to talk to him. I've only met him once and that was before Chris and I were even dating. I'm very excited I'll get to officially meet him when he gets home in November.

So then Chris's parents drove us to the airport so we could catch our flight to California! So we go through baggage, security and we sit at wait for almost two hours and then they announce that our flight is cancelled. What? When does that ever happen? Seriously? In the winter that happens a lot, but not on a bright sunny day in May!


So the airline arranges a new flight plan for us, but it left 11:00 AM the next day, went to Seattle, then to Portland, then it landed in California at 7:00 PM. We called the airline and talked to them about that. The guy on the phone told Chris "Wow! They have you going across the whole country!" And then he changed our flight to the same time the next day. So we were stuck in Utah for another day.

My new mother-in-law got us a room at their time share in Wolf Creek (thanks again Michelle!). We were able to use the hot tub and just relax. It was really nice. The next day we drove to Ogden and went to the Dinosaur Park!!




After that we were dropped off at the airport again and this time, our flight was not cancelled!!


So we landed, rented our car and drove to our hotel, which had this beautiful view... of DISNEYLAND!!!


Yep, the tall building on the right is the Tower of Terror!! So we settled in and ate at a delicious place at the Garden Walk in Anaheim (but I'm writing a whole other post about all the delicious food we ate on our trip).

The next day we went to Huntington Beach. I was very upset because I wanted to go there so I could specifically go to Dwights, but it was closed. :( But I do love Huntington Beach. It's absolutely beautiful!


So we did lots of playing in the water, burying each other and soaking up the sun! Then we got some food and enjoyed a Farmers Market going on and did some shopping. I absolutely loved it! I'm a huge fan of beaches! Why I live in Utah where there are none, I'm not sure! But I just love going to the beach!


That night we went to see The Great Gatsby. I'm a huge fan! The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books and I'm beyond excited to teach it when I teach high school English and I found the movie to be very good!

The next day was DISNEYLAND!!! Chris surprised me and got us these fabulous matching shirts! We also went and got these "Just Married" pins at the Disneyland City Hall. If you are going to Disneyland on your honeymoon, I highly suggest doing this. All the workers, and lots of other Disneyland goers, would congratulate us and we ended up getting three fast passes because of them! Totally worth it.


I cannot say enough about Disneyland, I'm in love! I would go there everyday if I could! It just makes me so happy to be there!

We spent the next day in California Adventure and had such a great time! The new Cars Land is incredible! It's so authentic! The rides are awesome and the food is great! We were in love with the ice cream cones! I got one everyday! We also loved the Radiator Spring Racers! Best ride ever, and  the only rides we went on twice in a row, thanks to a generous man who gave us his fast passes!





I wore my Perry the Platypus shirt at California Adventure and the guy on the Phineas and Ferb parade float pointed at me and said over the microphone that he like my shirt. I felt very special. :)



Yep, they really were pointing at me. The next, and last day of our trip we had a park hopper ticket and visited both Disneyland and California Adventure. However, it was a Friday, and incredibly busy. We hardly got to go on any rides and waited forever for the few rides we were able to go on.


But we just loved being together! Oh! And watching the Jedi Training Academy! Because we both love Star Wars!!




Chris was just upset he wasn't allowed to participate. But it was okay because we enjoyed watching the little kids. They were so adorable! And were so great at defeating Darth Vader and Darth Maul. ;)


The next day we had the best meal of our life (information coming soon) and took our flight home.

Overall, it was literally the best trip of my life! I loved every minute of it! I loved being with Chris 24/7! I'm so happy we're finally married! I love being married to him! He is my best friend and the most important person in my whole life! I can't wait to take another trip with him! Especially if it's to Disneyland!! :)












PS, on the day I wore this shirt to Disneyland, I saw at least 20 other women wearing this shirt. Apparently it's really popular. And I totally understand why, $8 at Target? Totally worth it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...