Saturday, December 1, 2012

Welcome to December!

Welcome to December everyone!! December is such a fun month with a new year approaching and all the holidays! I'm super excited for Christmas! It's my favorite holiday because of all our great traditions!

Speaking of traditions, I want to share with you some of my favorite December traditions!

Visiting Temple Square in Salt Lake City!


This one is like a family tradition that doesn't always happen as a family. In high school I did this for a date a few time. I've loved having Trax built near my house (it's getting even closer soon!) because we can just hop on Trax and go right to Temple Square. If you haven't visited Temple Square in December, you really should. I don't care what religion you are. It's incredible to go and look at all the lights. They are so beautiful. Best part? It's all free!! (except for getting there) As an added bonus, you could visit many of the church buildings surrounding the temple to learn more. I love the Salt Lake Temple, it is so beautiful, especially in the winter.

Visiting the Hogle Zoo Lights!


This is a new tradition. I've always wanted to see the Zoo Lights, because even though animals scare me, I LOVE THE ZOO!!! So last year my amazing boyfriend (of only 1 month at the time) took me to see the Zoo Lights. We've made it a new tradition! We plan on going back this year and in the years to come! The Zoo Lights are fun because you get to see the fun Christmas lights as well as animals. Last year they didn't seem to have very many animals, but they did just open Rocky Shores, which has polar bears and more! So we're really excited to go back again this year.

Looking at house lights in neighborhoods around Salt Lake Valley!


Okay so this video is not from Utah. Thank you Tran Siberian Orchestra for that fantastic song! And while I've never seen a light show like this in person, I do enjoy looking at the lights people put up. I like driving around and looking at lights. (obviously I like lights, my first three were all about Christmas lights!)

Making Christmas cookies!


Who doesn't love cookies??? Usually I just eat the Christmas cookies. But this year, thanks to Pinterest, I'll be trying out a few things. Like tonight, I'm making brownies with crushed candy canes on top for a ward party!

Reading The Grinch by Dr. Seuss.


It's become a sibling tradition that every Christmas Eve, when our parents make us go to sleep so Santa can come (yep, I said Santa, more on that in a later post) we always sleep in the same room and read How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. It's probably my favorite tradition because it's been going on forever! I remember when my little brother was first learning to read and he wanted to read it that year. So we listened to his adorable little voice and helped him out with some words and we read together. My brother and sister are like my best friends so it's so much fun when we get to spend Christmas Eve together.

These are my favorite December traditions!! I would love for you to share some of your traditions with me! Leave a comment! Thanks for reading and welcome to December! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...