Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recent (Crazy) Events

As I said yesterday, this week has been going downhill. But things are sort of looking up... sort of. 

Monday started with me learning that all my classes had been dropped and my tuition not paid. I stayed calm for like twenty whole minutes while I applied for new classes, learning the ones I had previously had were now full, so I couldn't take them anymore, messing with my whole schedule. After about twenty minutes I just broke down crying because this is like the third time this summer that the school has screwed me over.

Also on Monday I had to turn down two dance teaching jobs. Two. I've been wanting to teach dance for basically forever, and I had to turn down two jobs doing it??? Why? Because a) the school messed up my schedule and b) I got my old job back. I was so angry with myself that I had to turn them down, because I've been wanting to do it forever. It is just so frustrating that the opportunity appears and I can't take it.

So Monday I started my old job working as a custodian at the student center. It's a good job. It's steady, stable, and it will really help us money-wise. We'll be able to pay our rent! Yay! ...Because also Monday, our landlord came over to tell us that our rent check was returned because of insufficient funds in our account. Just another problem this week. Starting my old job was good. I love my boss, she's fantastic, but most the other employees are new so I feel like an outsider. And cleaning the toilets in the student center isn't my ideal job. But I had to take what I could get, and after three months, this is apparently all I can get (except for two dance jobs I couldn't take and a crossing guard job that I'm about to talk about).

So Tuesday I had to talk to my mom and have her lend us some money to pay off our rent. In about a week, we'll receive our refund check from our financial aid, so I will be paying my mom back as soon as that comes, but regardless, I absolutely hate having to borrow money from my parents. I'm married now, it's not supposed to be this way, but it was incredibly necessary yesterday.

Tuesday I also had training for my crossing guard job, however, because the school dropped my classes and I had to get new classes, I can no longer do the job Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Yes it's an alternate position, so I wouldn't have to work everyday, but I don't know if I should just quit this job too or try to do it and just not take M,W, F afternoon shifts, but that just doesn't seem fair to everyone else. And I was going to talk to the boss at the training, but she wasn't there and it was the cute old man and I just couldn't do it. So I'm currently still a crossing guard and I work this Thursday and Friday to be trained on the job, but I don't know if (or how) it will last.

(PS, back home we have a neighbor who is an actor who does a lot of Mormon movies, he's good friends with my dad, he was in the crossing guard training video. It was funny!)

Chris got a hold of the financial aid office on Tuesday and they explained why our Pell Grants weren't the full amount. We got all that figured out, but with my class schedule I still have to pay $200.02 out of pocket for this semester, which we won't have until our refund gets here. And if I don't pay it soon, they'll drop my classes again! (because I'm not already feeling stressed enough)

So... yeah... I'm incredibly stressed this week. And I just don't know what to do about my tuition and the crossing guard thing. So I have a lot to think about and a lot to do this week because school starts next week.... yeah... So basically those are my recent events. I just... yeah...

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that's awful! I remember basically every single semester at school when I would apply for classes, I NEVER got the ones I wanted/needed. I always had to alter things around, it was such a disheartening situation. I hope things look up for you in the near future! <3

    Rachel Emma
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, I think all the bad things that could happen already have, so the week should be looking up from now on. :)

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...