Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Fame Game Discussion Post

Today is Tuesday, HAPPY TUESDAY!! The point of Happy Tuesday on my blog is to post something happy, but this week has been continually getting worse and worse... and it's only Tuesday. So I don't have anything happy to write about. But instead of putting you all down by telling about all my problems, I'm just posting the discussion post for my book club.

This month's book is "The Fame Game" by Lauren Conrad. I finished this book a few days ago and enjoyed it very much! I'll be writing an official review of the book in a later post.

This post is for anyone who read the book with me. Leave a comment below. Ask questions, give your review of the book, answer the discussion questions, say absolutely whatever you want about the book!  I'll do my best to reply to every response and anyone else can reply as well. If you don't already know, I'm in school to become a high school English teacher, so this is practice for me.

WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW!! 

Discussion Questions: 

  • Do you feel Madison made the right choice to take the blame for her father? Why or why not?
  • How would you feel if you were friends with this group of girls? Do you think you'd get along with them? Is there one that you would get along with best?
  • What do you think about Trevor Lord?
  • Who do you think is the main protagonist of the story? Or is there one at all? Is there an antagonist? 
  • After reading this, do you want to read the second book, Starstruck? Why or why not?
  • Did you read LA Candy before hand? Do you feel this offered a better insight for you into this novel?
(These questions are completely optional, just some things to think about)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't understand the end. Why would Madison take the fall for her father? If anyone understands that, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because she's trying to build up this relationship with him that she never had. She believed that he truly has changed and she's fighting for him to stay changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I just don't understand because she's lived her whole life not trusting him and after what, two months of starting to trust him she takes the blame for him? Maybe I'm just not a trusting person.

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...