Sunday, August 4, 2013

Spiritual Thoughts: Missionary Work

This past year I've had the amazing opportunity to watch my brothers-in-law go through all the steps to becoming a missionary. This was the first time that I was really involved and it was a beautiful testimony builder to me.

I got to be there as Devin and Kellin opened their mission calls. It was actually the first time that I had witnessed it in person. It was so exciting to see them surrounded by their friends and family and to share in all the love and excitement.



Later I was there when they received the Melchizedek priesthood. I could feel the love of their family and the sweet spirit surrounding us.

Then I got married in the temple to their brother and they were able to come into the temple with us. Neither of my siblings had gone through the temple and couldn't be there, but it was amazing to have my new brothers be there and to see their smiles and hear their jokes.



The day after my wedding we were able to Skype with Chris's other brother who was (is) already serving a mission. Although I don't know him, I am proud to call him my brother and to see the amazing missionary work he is doing.

Then the day came when they were to be set apart as missionaries. I was able to go with them and sit in the room as they were set apart. It was the most amazing experience for me and I was so happy to be a part of it.

The next day we drove the twins to the MTC. It was a bittersweet experience. I cried because I had just gotten them as brothers and then they were leaving for the next two years. But I was so happy for them. And I knew that they were doing the most important thing.

I feel so blessed to have gone through these experiences with them! I'm excited to watch my little brother go through the same things too (although I will bawl like a baby when he leaves, he's one of my best friends). I have a very strong testimony of missionary work. I know that it blesses lives and honestly changes the hearts of the people willing to be taught. I love being a member of this church and I am so grateful for all the missionaries in all the world!

__________________________________________________________________

If you're like, "What the heck is she talking about???" ... I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, AKA Mormon. I was born in raised in the church and while my testimony of the gospel has faltered occasionally, I've never left it, because I know that it's true. 

If you would like to learn more or have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me. Or you can check out this website dedicated to people looking to learn about the church, HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...