Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Tuesday: Date Night Idea

So Sunday was our 3 month anniversary of being married. YAY! Being married has seriously been the greatest thing ever! It's so much fun! You should try it sometime in your life.

We wanted to celebrate so last night we had a date night! It was a typical sort of date night, dinner and a movie, but I absolutely HAVE TO talk about this dinner place!! It was so delicious and so much fun! So if you're in Logan, Utah, you have to check this out.


So when I saw Fiddler on the Roof, the program told me about this Kabuki place that I had never been to, and was pretty sure I'd never seen before. I don't like sushi, but it has hibachi grilling, where they cook the food in front of you. It sounded like a fun idea and they had a fairly good deal so we decided to check it out.

We got the two for $30 deal. This got us drinks, soup, salad, an appetizer or dessert and two meats with the rice and steamed vegetables. I know $30 seems a lot for a meal to college students like myself, but this place was very much worth the money.



So they started us out with our soup (so delicious), salads (best dressing ever) and our appetizer. We picked the won tons (I'm pretty sure), and I wasn't a huge fan of them. But I loved the soup and salad. Both were very delicious. The soup looked really weird because it just looked like water with some mushrooms floating in it (and I don't like mushrooms) but I gave it a try and it was super delicious!


Then he started to cook in front of us. He did all the cool tricks and he was lots of fun. Chris caught some food in his mouth, it was just a fun experience. (In the background there are a ton of photos, this is because they have a birthday club and they love to celebrate birthdays! All those photos, and more, are from birthdays. Chris and I signed up for their birthday club so we can see what kind of deals we get.)

Chris ordered beef and salmon. His plate looked like this:


And PS, those plates are huge, it may not look like a lot, but it really was.
I ordered the chicken and salmon, my plate looked like this:


Both of us absolutely loved our salmon!! It was cooked perfectly and I can't even describe how good that salmon was. It was perfect. And I've had a lot of salmon in my life, but this one possibly tops it all. (Notice how my plate is much more orderly?)

We both loved our meals! They were so delicious in every way! I highly recommend this restaurant. USU student, it makes for a great date night!! Wink wink!


We tried to take some pictures but my camera is awful in dim lighting. It only works in full daylight or night. Any in-between light and it doesn't like to cooperate. I'm kind of wanting a new camera. Anyways. So then we also got pictures outside with the sign:


And some guy offered to take our picture but the strap got caught on my wrist and my poor camera fell to the cement... it took a chip out of it and wouldn't like the guy take a picture, but it seems to be doing fine now... fingers crossed... I need it to last a while longer.

After eating we drove around and found an elementary school playground where we played on the swings. I'm obsessed with swings and could play on a swingset all day long.

When the time came we drove to the movie theater to see Despicable Me 2. So I'm absolutely in love with Despicable Me (the first one) and I could honestly watch it every day, and the second one did not live up to my expectations. It had good parts, funny parts, really entertaining parts, but as a whole, it wasn't the best movie. I was sad. I expected more from it. But it's cute and Agnes is just adorable so you have to watch it for her.

So there's a lovely date night for anyone living in Logan, Utah! Seriously check out Kabuki, it was so good and so worth the cost!

Happy Tuesday everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. I went to a restaurant like that last night too! I just ordered the steak and shrimp fried rice. I wasn't very hungry and it was plenty of food! But it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...