Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Liebster Award!



So yesterday I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Fred Rongo, and she (my friend Kalee) was talking about how she had been nominated for the Liebster Award! When I got to the end of the post, I was shocked to learn that she nominated me for the award as well!!!

It made me so happy that she thought of me and I hope you all check out her blog (linked above). Thank you so much Kalee!!!

_________________________________________________________________

Here are the rules of the award:

  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award nominator on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
  2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
  3.  Present the Liebster Blog Award to other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen. 
  4. Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.

___________________________________________________________________


So here are the 11 questions that I was asked:

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR BLOG NAME?
I created my blog name simply because of my love of cows and my love of dancing. It doesn't have any special meaning or anything, it was just for fun. :)

A BOOK YOU'VE READ RECENTLY
My husband and I both read Jurassic Park and we both loved it!! He then read the second one, Lost World, but didn't love it quite as much, so I'm a little nervous to start it. 

GOLD OR SILVER?
Always silver. I own almost no gold. My husband picked out my wedding ring and it's a good thing he picked silver. 

NAME ONE PET PEEVE
I hate gum. I hate people popping their gum, playing with their gum, chewing gum loudly, throwing gum on the ground. I just hate gum in its entirety. Eww... 

WHAT'S SOMETHING YOU'VE LEARNED RECENTLY?
I learned to always always always wear sunscreen. I currently have the worst sunburn of my life. My ears are burnt so badly they have blisters on them. I also am not supposed to let myself burn at all due to recent health issues. So I've learned I always need to wear sunscreen. 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON AND WHY?
I love summer because I love warmth, but I think my favorite has to be fall. I love the colors, the clothes, Halloween, my birthday, and last fall was when I got engaged. I love fall! 

IS BEING A BLOGGER EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE?
Absolutely!!! I've been writing stories and poems and such since I was in first grade. I've always loved writing and blogging is the most fun writing experience I currently get (because I'm stuck writing five essays a week in my major at USU). 

IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Currently, my biggest goal is to visit Hawaii, because I never have. But my husband served his LDS mission in Scotland and we are both saving up money to visit there.

ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON?
No. I am really grouchy in the mornings. But I'm fairly good at waking up early when I need to. 

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO NEW BLOGGERS?
Even though my blog in now one year old, I still feel like a newbie. But my best advice would probably be to keep going and not get down if you don't have a lot of followers or page views. I don't have as many followers as I would like, but I don't let it get me down because writing makes me happy, and that's what's most important. 

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE BLOGS?
My number one is Grasping for Objectivity because it's the blog I wish mine could be, but I'm not as funny as she is. Then Fred Rongo because I grew up with Kalee and I love looking at her style. The last one is either Our Best Bites, Back on Pointe, or Lauren Conrad. I look at all of these daily. 

___________________________________________________________________

And here are 11 random facts about me:
  1. I've never been outside of the country.
  2. My parents considered naming me Kelly. 
  3. I've never broken a bone or had any serious injuries (knock on wood).
  4. My favorite fast food restaurant is probably Jimmy Johns
  5. I'm partially addicted to my laptop because I'm always on it. 
  6. I like a lot of boy-ish movies like Star Trek, Transformers, and Star Wars. I love them all a lot. 
  7. I don't actually know how to swim. 
  8. I was married in the Draper, Utah LDS Temple and when I was 18 I was chosen to sing in a youth choir at it's dedication. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done. 
  9. I've been dancing since I was about four. I've done ballet, jazz, tap, and both Latin and standard ballroom. 
  10. My husband works at Papa Johns and I hate Papa Johns pizza. But I do love pizza in general. 
  11. I was born a few weeks past my due date and weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces. I was my mom's biggest baby and am now the smallest in the family. 
_____________________________________________________________________

Lastly, here are a few of my friends that I feel deserved to be nominated for this award as well:

Lindsay at No Regrets
Marlee at Marlee's Moments (who is currently on an LDS mission so she won't know for 18 months, but I feel her blog should be checked out)

And here are your 11 questions to answer:
  1. What is your favorite pizza place?
  2. If you could change one thing from your past, would you?
  3. What is your dream job?
  4. What is your favorite book?
  5. Who is your biggest role model?
  6. What was your worst injury?
  7. Do you have any nicknames?
  8. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
  9. What is your favorite dumb web video?
  10. What is your favorite animal?
  11. What is something you couldn't live without?
____________________________________________________________________

Thanks again Kalee!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...