Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Resolve - Charity of the Month November 2016

Hello, friends! Did you think Charity of the Month was gone? Well, you're wrong. It will never be gone. Helping people was my sole reasoning for starting this blog. So that's what's happening. It just struggles sometimes, because since my blog readership is low I feel like it doesn't make much of a difference, which is the exact opposite of what I should be thinking. We, as humans, should help other humans for the sake of helping other people. Even if we never make a dent in the real problem, a single donation is better than no donations.

That's my rant for the day. Just kidding, a lot of this post is a rant.

Anyway, November is weird for me this year. As many of you know, one year ago I had a miscarriage. And, as you also may know, I am not pregnant again. When it's been a year, I get asked occasionally (though I don't recommend asking anyone this) "Are you concerned about infertility?"

Infertility is a concern of mine. If you are curious, I am seeing a doctor this month to verify I don't have infertility problems since it has been a year since my miscarriage. Though I don't believe that infertility is my problem. I firmly believe a lot of it has had to do with never getting closure on my miscarriage, until July. And depression. That damn depression thing I have ruins a lot of things.

Sorry, getting off track here.

While I'm not sure if I am infertile, I do know people who are. And I know the pain and struggle of not being able to get pregnant. Trust me, I know it very, very well.

I recently found Resolve, the National Infertility Association and wanted to highlight them as the Charity of the Month for November.


Everyone should have the right to start a family. A lot of my religion is about families, which is what makes my particular situation so difficult, seeing as every Sunday they talk about families and kids... a lot. It's exhausting to sit there every week and not cry. And while the world finds pregnancy so normal and easy, it's not easy for everyone.

There are so many women out there who struggle to get pregnant, or can't even get pregnant at all. But people never talk about it.

This past year I had a miscarriage and my sister-in-law had a stillbirth. And no one talks about either of those things.

I understand why. It's because it's so difficult to talk about. I physically couldn't talk about my miscarriage for months because it was just too painful. Losing a child in any way is heartbreaking, whether you got to hold them or not. And it's something that needs to be discussed more. Because I know I'm not the only one. There are so many other women out there who have had a miscarriage, or a stillbirth, and have struggled to get pregnant again.

If you are like me and struggle to get pregnant, get yourself checked out. Don't procrastinate it like I have out of fear and pain. Make sure that if something is wrong that you know about it, so you can be prepared for the struggle. Don't suffer in silence.

And if you have infertility problems, know that there are options for you. And that you are not alone. Nor will you ever be alone in your struggle.

Resolve give you information, references, and choices.

Their website is filled with information. If you want to know more, I highly recommend checking their website and taking the time to do your research, because information is out there. If you are struggling to get pregnant, find the information that you need and don't procrastinate it. If you are ready to start or grow your family, then take action.

The three main things that Resolve does that I fully support are as follows:

  • Raising public awareness of the issue of infertility.
  • Breaking down the financial barriers that hold women back from getting infertility treatment.
  • And offering support to all who need it.
If you are suffering from infertility I urge you to visit Resolve's website and get the information that you need. 

Now, whether or not infertility is an issue for you, I want all of you to CLICK HERE and make a donation to Resolve. (And bonus, through November 11th your donation will be doubled!!) For all you know, your donation could help someone start their family.  

And if you want to go even further, check out Go Fund Me where there are literally thousands of couples asking for donations to help them fund their infertility treatments. I have a friend who is currently using Go Fund Me to help her get the money she needs to help start her family. You could honestly make a difference in someone's life by the smallest donation. 

I'm so happy that I get to use my birthday month to raise awareness for an issue that is very close to my heart. Everyone deserves to start their family, but not everyone can do it without help. Every little donation makes a difference, no matter how small. So make your donations and maybe you'll help start a life. 


2 comments:

  1. Kaylee - Having been there, done that my heart breaks for you a little bit each time you share that you're not pregnant and wish you were. I remember those feelings all too well and I guess that even 2 precious adoptions and 1 Surprise! homegrown baby later (now ages 15, 13 and 10) they never 100% go away.
    I am SO glad you are sharing about Resolve though. They were a lifeline for me while we struggled through month after month of infertility and a zillion tests, studies and treatments for over 8 years. If even just one person reads this and learns from it, you have given them a huge gift.
    Hang in there, Keep busy and Keep being Wonderful YOU! The most wonderful blessings come to those who wait. Promise. Hugs Galore, Liberty Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much this comment means to me! <3 I'm always just praying posts like this can click with someone and I just love hearing that it has. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...