Friday, August 8, 2014

Two Weeks // Blogiversary // Goals

Well, we've come to the end. Only two more weeks until Chris and I move back to Utah. While I expected this summer to really help my blog grow by giving me more time to write, the exact opposite happened, I didn't write at all. Apparently when I'm in school and should be doing homework I blog more than when I'm more free to write. That's probably not how it should work.

At this point I'll admit part of the reason my blogging was so scarce was because once I realized I wasn't writing about our Texas adventure I was embarrassed to suddenly start writing about it at the very end. In my mind since I didn't document the beginning of the summer, why should I start documenting the end?

I also was very disappointed in myself for not sharing any fashion posts this summer. That was probably the biggest new goal for my blog and I've been majorly failing at that. But I'll be honest with you, I've worn most the same things all summer and haven't bought anything new. Also, I know I'm just making up excuses for myself, but with Chris working all the time I haven't had anyone to take my pictures for me.

Oh, so this month marks my two year blogiversary!! Yay! I've been doing this blog for two years which is a pretty cool accomplishment. The only problem is that I thought by two years it would have grown much more. But I'm realizing now that I still have a lot of work to do to make this blog as successful as I want it to be. I'm trying not to compare my success to others (even though it's difficult) and just figuring out what I have to do or continue to do to make this blog successful for me. (Although suggestions are always appreciated. Wink wink.)

I do not have any sort of celebration for my "blogiversary" except maybe the name change. That's pretty cool in my opinion. And I'm purchasing the domain which will make things lots of fun. I think that will change the "success" for my blog and help me to help it grow. I will always want it to keep growing.

My current goals for this blog are as follows:

  • Purchase the domain name
  • Start posting regularly again
  • Start making YouTube videos to go along with my blog posts
  • Gain a larger following on social media
  • Advertise my blogging friends
  • And keep writing the things that make me happy

Again, I apologize for this summer. It was not a good summer for this blog. For me, yeah, I had fun, but for this blog it was kind of a total failure. But that's fine. Everyone and everything has their ups and downs and I still feel this blog is at the beginning of its race, I haven't given up on it yet. 

Thank you to all my readers/friends. I love you all so much for all the support you give me all the time. Thank you for believing in me and returning back to my blog again and again even when I have nothing of importance to say. I truly appreciate all you do for me. You make me happy and I consider you all some of my greatest friends. 

As I said in the beginning, in two weeks I'm moving back to Utah and maybe then I'll be able to refocus myself to work harder on this blog. I've gotten a new planner, I'll be buying myself a new laptop, and I'll be setting goals and deadlines to get the things done on this blog that I want. I'm so excited for what's to come and I hope you are too. 

3 comments:

  1. I kind of just love when you just blog about life and things that you love. I love hearing about books and fashion and music and just life. Don't make things too formal so that we don't get to hear your voice, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited you're buying your domain name! I was so excited the day ".blogspot" came off of mine haha. And don't worry, we all have those blogging ruts. I started 4 years ago, jumped from blog site to blog site because I couldn't decide if I liked blogger, wordpress, or tumblr better, would write only a few times a month, then went about 9 months without writing anything, and then FINALLY just last year in September, I went back to Blogger and started all over. It just takes figuring out what we like, and how we want to run things in order to keep it consistent. :) Can't wait for the changes!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'd love to read a blog post about a culmination of your time in Texas! I say you write one anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...