Saturday, August 23, 2014

Homeless

So if you don't follow me on Twitter, which you should, then you may not be aware of our big move this weekend. We left Thursday night around 11:30 and drove about 20 hours straight to my parents house in Sandy. No more Texas living for us.

We will miss Texas. Chris misses the people and how people in Texas are better drivers. I'll miss the city and having a job, I hate job hunting. But I think most of all, we'll miss having a home. Because currently we are homeless.

I have an incredible aunt and uncle near Logan who are letting us stay with them for a few days until we find a new apartment. We started looking back in Texas but it's always hard to find an apartment if you aren't actually in the city. We had a couple leads and we drove to Logan early today to meet with people, but those fell through.

So we're homeless. Living out of suitcases. All our possessions piled into our car. What a life.

So... Random update time! Chris and I listened to The Giver on Audible. I had read it before in elementary school and when I first saw the movie trailer I thought to myself, "I don't any of this happening in the book." And so I wanted to read it again before seeing the movie and so during our drive we listened to it on Audible. Then watched the trailer again and I still feel like that movie is nothing like the book. PS, in the book the main character is 12, that's problem number one on a list of many. I will be seeing the movie though, and I'll post an official review on my blog soon.

Related to that last comment, I'm going to be doing a lot more book reviews on my blog because I love books! So pretty much any book I read, I will write about on this blog. That includes the few books I read this summer, I'm planning on adding posts for those soon.

Chris is sick. Staying up driving and eating junk food wasn't good for either of us. Chris woke up this morning with a fever. He's been doing pretty well the rest of the day but it's just sad.

On our drive in New Mexico it was raining and our broken windshield wiper kept getting caught on the end of the windshield so Chris had to drive with the window partly down and would have to push it back into place. Well after like ten minutes of this the wiper blade just snapped off and we were left with only one wiper. Driving in rain with one wiper blade is not the best. We had to lean across the middle to see out of the clear part. At least we didn't have to drive with the window down anymore.

Chris is reading Insurgent, because I'm making him, and every five seconds he turns to me and tells me how stupid he thinks it is. It's fine though, I still am obsessed with Divergent. I've watched the movie multiple times and even bought and read Four in one day. I just want him to read it and he's a good husband so he is.

We're staying in my cousin's bedroom. She's on an LDS mission in England. He bedroom has a whole wall of pictures of her and he friends and it's really cute. Also there's two Tangled posters and a picture of Zac Efron. It's a good room to be staying in.

I will be writing about our Texas adventure as a whole sometime next week. It was a good experience for us and we really did love San Antonio. But I don't think I can live away from mountains again. Honestly, when I was driving and I started seeing mountains again I kept smiling and almost cried of happiness. Mountains are amazing and I missed them.

I gained weight in Texas which means I will be working hard to lose weight and sharing my weight loss journey on my blog!! Because hopefully if I get my readers involved and rooting for me I won't give up so easily.

I've been wanting to add YouTube videos to my blog for a long time. You may have noticed the link to my YouTube page now at the top of my blog. However, there's nothing there because I don't have a camera or laptop with the abilities to make the videos I want. But it will be coming and it will be exciting. Honestly, I'm so excited to start making YouTube videos.

My husband is adorable. He's peeking over at me as I'm typing this and kissing my arm to distract me. I think it's partly because he has a fever and is on drugs and delusional. But I still love him more than anything. Actually, our trip to Texas really strengthened our marriage. Not that our marriage was bad before, but being on our own and living away from our families really helped us grow together more and  learn to be more dependent. We're better at acting like adults now, but we will never fully be adults, because it's too much fun to act like a kid all the time.

Well this post is a lot longer than I expected. Honestly I was just writing to let you know we're homeless, because that's a pretty good piece of information you might care about. Wish us luck in apartment and job hunting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...