Friday, July 11, 2014

HAPPY COW APPRECIATION DAY!!!

Naming my blog after cows was no accident, I honestly, wholeheartedly, 100% think cows are amazing and they are my favorite animal. They are so cute and fat and kind and honestly helpful to people (ice cream anyone?). So every year Cow Appreciation Day isn't a joke to me, it's for real one of my most favorite holidays.

I always wear black and white, wear my cow necklace and earrings (but not the earrings this year because they are breaking and since for work I'm on the phone all day I didn't want them to break more), Chris and I always have milkshakes and we try to visit cows and take pictures with them.

This year I worked most the day, Chris works late, and we're picking up my family from the airport tonight (cannot fully explain my excitement about that) so we don't get to visit cows this year. And I'm sad because while I don't always love living in Logan, I'm able to see cows more frequently because they are close and always around. I have yet to see any cows in Texas, at least nearby. I see a lot of horses. Our apartment complex is across the street from a horse race track. Too bad there aren't cow races there too.

Despite not getting to celebrate the way I want to (I don't even have my cow footie pajamas here with me!) Chris, of course, tried to make it special for me. As I was sitting at work making phone calls the salesman started coming in one by one and each would look at me and say "Happy Cow Appreciation Day!" It was both super embarrassing and sweet.

I honestly love Cow Appreciation Day and one of the main reasons is because of Chris. He lets me act like a child and drive around searching for cows, he dresses in black and white with me, he humors my childish glee when I take pictures with cows and start cuddling with my cow pillow-pet Ty. Seriously, I married the greatest man in the world who lets me celebrate Cow Appreciation Day every year without thinking I'm a weirdo. BEST HUSBAND EVER!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Cow Appreciation Day. Don't forget to have a milkshake to appreciate the wonderful gift of milk that cows provide for us. Or if you want to be mean have a steak as long as you appreciate the cow that sacrificed his cute and precious life for you to eat something delicious (I totally have the mindset of a vegetarian but not the willpower). Also if you dress like a cow, Chick-Fil-A might give you a free meal! I'm honestly so upset I didn't bring my footie pajamas to Texas...

HAPPY COW APPRECIATION DAY!!!! 
This pic is from Cow Appreciation Day two years ago. I'm a dork, I know, but I don't care. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That bottom picture is a PERFECT fit for your blog! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...