Friday, November 8, 2013

Five on Friday

This post is a link up with The Good Life

one
It was my birthday week! I had the best birthday ever! I'm 23 now! That's so old! Just kidding, but I honestly feel like I'm growing up. I got married this year, I'm getting my college future figured out and tweaked, I'm just making big decisions and acting more grown up. It's kind of weird.

two
Omeros. I'm reading it for class. Or at least, trying to read it for class. For anyone who doesn't know (which I didn't know about this until recently, so don't feel embarrassed) Omeros is an epic poem written by Derek Walcott. It's over 300 pages. And a poem. So it's confusing. I feel so lost! So anyone who has read and understands Omeros, HELP ME!

three
This is the month of spending no money because honestly we have none. All my birthday money went to my birthday dinner with my husband. We keep craving Subway, but don't have any money to get it. It's difficult, but it's 100% necessary in order to get back into a safe financial state. Our goal is to be out of debt by next month which is very possible if we don't spend anything this month. It's hard, but it will all turn out good in the end.

four
The Secret Life of Bees. That is the new book for Book Club this month! These link up posts tend to bring quite a few new people to my blog, so I'm shamelessly advertising my Book Club in the attempt that I can get more people to join me. Basically I just pick one book a month to read and encourage all my blog friends/readers to join me in reading. Around the 20th of the month I put up a discussion post where anyone can leave comments and questions about the book. We also have a Good Reads Group that is available for anyone to join. And I'd love to have you join! I've never read The Secret Life of Bees so I'm excited. I haven't started it yet because I'm super busy with school but I'll find time this weekend I'm sure. :)

five
My coworker's birthday was yesterday and as a joke I made him a Christmas sweater from scrap paper. I also just blew up some balloons for him and wrote on them saying "Happy Birthday" and "You are old". But honestly, this kid has been listening to Christmas music since September. And the bookstore at work put up Christmas trees and other Christmas decorations. So while I hate all the hype about Christmas before it's even December, I'm getting really excited, and I'm kind of hating myself for that. I'm breaking my own rules!


I NEED YOUR HELP!! Last month I wrote about Halloween decorating under $10 and I'd like to know if you'd like me to do the same for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Please leave a comment below and let me know. Thank you so much for your help! 
THANKS FOR READING!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yesssss, do the $10 decorating! EspecialllyyyXmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas may be a little different because my parents and my in-laws have given us so many Christmas decorations. We have like three Christmas trees! But I'll definitely do special decorating under $10 and write about that. :)

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...