Monday, February 1, 2016

To Write Love On Her Arms [February 2016 COTM]

Hello friends! This month's Charity of the Month is incredibly important to me. This past month I've been very open about my mental health. I have depression and social anxiety and I'm doing a lot recently to cope with it, as my recent miscarriage brought a new wave of difficulties with it.

But something from my past that I am always timid to share, but if you read my blog carefully you already know, in high school I attempted suicide. I cut myself. I was, and sometimes still can be, an emotional wreck.

But I believe that I am a warrior, that I've overcome my issues and can face all my new issues without being defeated ever again. And I believe that my past has made me stronger. But most importantly, I believe that there are many others who are like me who don't know how to become warriors, who don't know how to help themselves, and have the potential to lose the battle.

Those are the people I blog for, the people I strive to help. But I can't do it alone, and I'm so grateful for the many organizations that help these people as well.

One particular organization is To Write Love On Her Arms.


Quick disclaimer, I did not learn about this organization until I was already on the healing end, so I didn't not use TWLOHA as a resource to help with my depression. However, I truly wish I had known and had looked over their website to help me.

TWLOHA's mission statement is as follows:

 "To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery."
 By making a donation to TWLOHA this month you are helping people like me with depression and other mental health disorders to find the assistance they need. TWLOHA helps people to find the treatment that they need in order to become warriors and fight through. You would also be helping to break stereotypes and educate the world about mental heath disorders. 

More so than the other charities I promote and support, TWLOHA is incredibly personal and important to me. I truly hope you all take the time to look over their website and learn more about what they do, then make a donation to assist them in their efforts. 

If you yourself are struggling with depression, addiction, self-harm, or suicidal thoughts, please CLICK HERE to be taken to TWLOHA website to find resources and help in your area. You are also always welcome to email me and talk with me. I've been through it too. You aren't alone, and you don't ever have to feel that way.


I was not paid to promote or endorse To Write Love On Her Arms. These are strictly my views.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...