Sunday, February 21, 2016

Becoming A Warrior

Friends, I'm sure you're all aware that this is a difficult time in my life. There's so much craziness going on that I wish I could just go hide somewhere and get decent amounts of sleep for a week. But life doesn't allow that. Life moves on. Life beats us. Life fights us. And sometimes we have to fight back.

It was eight years ago during this month that I was making suicide attempts. There are times when I'm reminded of everything that I was feeling at that time and I'm amazed that I survived. And there isn't a day that I don't thank God that I did survive it all. I have been so truly blessed in my life and I will always be grateful that I was strong enough not to end it early.

I know how awful life can be. I know what it's like to stare death in the face and want to give in. I know what it's like to give up and feel as if you can't go on any longer.

But I'm here to tell you that you can survive anything this life throws at you.

Because you are a warrior.

Warriors lose battles sometimes. Warriors still get bruised, beaten, and scarred. Warriors struggle some days and thrive other days.Warriors don't always fight alone. Warriors ask for help when they need it. But the most important thing about warriors... WARRIORS NEVER GIVE UP.

Over the past year whenever my depression is getting my down I write the word "Warrior" on my wrist with a heart. Having that word easily seen on my body reminds me that I am strong, that I have already survived so much, and that I can survive anything.

Friends, never give up on life, no matter how badly it's beating you down. You are a warrior. Together we are an army. And we are unstoppable.


1 comment:

  1. This post is wonderful! I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time, but being a fighter I know you will get through it stronger than ever. Thank you for being so inspirational!
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...