Friday, September 27, 2013

Dora The Explorer

On my first day back at my job I was sitting in The Marketplace, drinking my Minute Maid Lemonade and sucking on the ice cubes, when a girl walks past the window. I honestly did a double take (this makes it sound like a love story, but I'm happily married and I swear this is not) because this girl looked exactly like this:


Short dark hair with bangs, tan skin, pink shirt, orange shorts, white tennis shoes, a backpack... okay, I'm pretty sure her backpack didn't talk, but honestly she reminded me exactly of Dora! I even think her stomach was showing a little! She ended up walking by that window about three times, and the night manager told me later that she was new here and very lost, which is very unlike Dora, because Dora always knows where she's going.

Since seeing this girl the first time, I have seen her at least three times a week. Honestly! She's always in the student center while I'm working, she was at the Great Gastby thing I went to, and I just saw her outside running.

I don't know if this is a sign that I need to become friends with this girl because obviously, our schedules are similar, and I actually really like Dora the Explorer, because I'm a future first grade teacher and I'm pretty much still a kid inside. However, I don't know of any way to introduce myself without being creepy...

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, I've seen you around a lot." Creepy.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, so I see you eat in the Marketplace a lot." Creepy, and also has the potential to say she's fat (which she's not). 

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, I saw you running in the glow-in-the-dark 5k." Creepy because it was at night and I wasn't even running in it. 

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, and I see you everywhere, we should be friends." Super creepy.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, I can't help but notice you look like a beloved children's character." Weird.

"Hi, I'm Kay... SWIPER NO SWIPING!" Super weird.

I just don't see how this friendship thing will work out if I every time I see her I think this:


And maybe a little bit of this:


Oh well. Time to end with a song:


1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! It really is weird when there are those people you see around everywhere, but you don't actually know them. Do they notice you too? Like, if you sat next to each other on a plane, would they mention that you looked familiar? Or would they just pretend they've never seen you? Or really not realize they've seen you?

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...