Saturday, September 28, 2013

Just Another Saturday

It's the weekend!! Is everyone having a good Saturday? I don't know if I am yet. I haven't done anything exciting today yet. 

We're getting all our laundry done and doing a lot of cleaning around the house, which is super important because things were getting a little to messy for my liking. We have a lot of laundry!! Lots of clothes, towels, and we have to wash our bedding. But it's good to be getting all this done on the weekend, because during the week the two of us are super busy with school and work.

____________________________________________________

So we eat out way too much, especially considering we're short on money, and both of us want to lose weight, so we're making a dinner meal plan for the week! This is difficult for us because I work 5 to 9 and Chris works nights too, so we'd either have to eat dinner together at 4:00 or 9:00. I can't decide which is better. But the main goal is to have a set meal so we don't end up just eating out. Once we get it going I'll write a post all about it to tell ya'll if it worked for us.

___________________________________________________

I have a math tutor now. I am required to retake Math 1050 in order to graduate, because last time I got a D and that's not good enough to pass. I'm awful at math! I also have to study for the Praxis Exam in order to get into the elementary education program, but while taking a practice exam, I realized that I don't even remember basic multiplication. This is a major problem. So my good friend Kyle is majoring in math and has decided to help me out. In exchange I'm going to babysit his adorable little baby sometimes. I like this arrangement and hopefully I'll remember the math I've already learned, and get better for my future math classes.

__________________________________________________

Is anyone else super excited for General Conference next weekend? I am! I love hearing from the leaders of the church from the comforts of my own home. It also mean German pancakes!! ...that's the tradition in my family. My sister wants to drive up next week to watch conference with us and see our apartment, which she hasn't seen yet. I love my sister so I really hope she follows through with this!! I will also be making a General Conference Bingo for all my followers, so stay posted!

__________________________________________________

Charity of the Month starts in a few days! Are you excited? It will be a struggle sometimes, but I honestly feel that giving to charity is always worth it! Basically I pick a charity every month, talk about it, donate a minimum amount (which will raise when I am more financially stable), and encourage all my readers to donate as well. Things about this segment will change as it goes on, but for now I'm keeping it simple. I don't know if people will donate or if it will make much of a difference, but it's worth trying.

___________________________________________________

Fall is here!! I don't know about you, but it's getting really cold here in Logan! I sat outside for Chris's soccer game on Thursday, shivering the whole time! All I really wanted was hot chocolate, and I have a good hot chocolate maker, I just don't have any hot chocolate mix. It's a shame really. But we'll get some soon and then we'll be prepared for these awful Logan winters. Honestly, winter in my least favorite part of living in Logan. It just gets too dang cold! Also, somewhere between moving from my parent's house to our new apartment, I lost all my gloves and hats that were in a bag together. I'm super angry and I hope they turn up somewhere soon.

__________________________________________________

Speaking of fall, Chris and I have a lot of fun plans for the month of October. Many of which are on The Cache Valley Checklist. So if you're living in Cache Valley, be sure to check that out. Also, we'd love new friends to do these activities with! If you'd like to join us, just leave a comment or send me an email and we can make plans together. I promise we're a super fun couple and we aren't creepers. Just normal college students. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...