Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm 24

A week ago I turned 24 years old. And I felt that perhaps maybe this year I should set some goals for myself. Yes, I'm very big on making New Year's Resolutions, so I already have goals for myself but these are a little bit different.

Despite now being twenty-four, married for a year and a half (as of today exactly), having a full-time and very grown up job, and being all around considered an adult, I certain don't feel like one, or act like one, to be honest.

Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think it makes life more fun to act like a child sometimes, and, as some of you know, my most current goal in life is to do things that make me happy and not acting like an adult can be a pretty happy thing. It's very freeing and reminds me of the time before I was fully aware of my depression and everything seemed so much happier.

But I'm twenty-four now and Chris and I are settled in our marriage and making plans for our future, decided future jobs, when to have kids, and where to live. So while I enjoy acting young (and am mistaken for a teenager quite too often) in a way, I feel like it's time to start acting like an adult.

Here are my goals:

  • To create a daily schedule and task list for myself with all the responsibilities I need to complete for the day. 
  • Stick to that list!
  • Stop being so lazy. 
There's only three, and that way I should be able to accomplish them by the time I'm 25 (ew, that sounds gross!) 

These may seem simple, but I am notorious for my laziness. I get home from work and sit on the couch and watch Gilmore Girls, sometimes even to lazy to eat. This is a problem. Sure I do work for eight long hours every day but I have to keep up my energy and motivation at least for a couple hours after work as well, and that's the plan here. 

When I was in school the best way for me to keep up with homework was to make a checklist of what I had to do each day and it would work for daily tasks as well. This is something I need to start doing again to keep my life in order and make sure that I get stuff done. 

The past few months have gone by so fast and it feels like my life has taken a huge shift. But I'm excited to make changes and I work on being the kind of person that I want to be. I don't want to be lazy anymore and I'm ready to make that change.


Twenty-four sounds like it could be a pretty good year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...