Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What I've Learned From 10 Months of Marriage


I'm pretty much in shock that we are so close to our one year anniversary! Chris and I have been together for two and a half years and we both feel like we've been married forever. We both feel we were meant to be together and that's why it feels like we've been together for so long. I love it!

Anyways, I've done posts like this before and I just think they are a good post for me to share my perspective on marriage. So here are a few things I've learned from 10 months of marriage.

Nothing is set in stone. 
After getting married and we moved into our first apartment together we both assumed we would just stay there until we were graduated from college and left Logan. But then we didn't have enough money to stay there so we moved into our new place and now in only two months we're moving again to Texas.

Our married life has been chaotic because we've never really had the chance to settle down. We expected to feel more settled down but it's never been that way. While it causes some stress, we're learning to handle our chaotic life together. Honestly, it's hard to never have a permanent home, but as long as I'm with Chris I'm happy.

We are so good at fighting.
Chris and I really don't fight that much in the first place, but when we do we are able to solve our differences quickly and easily. A few days ago we were in an argument and I was going off about something and I ended up quoting How I Met Your Mother, which immediately lightened the mood. Chris understood why I was angry, but we both knew it wasn't too big of a deal and we were able to resolve the fight quickly. Best marriage ever.

All decisions should be made together. 
This one seems pretty obvious, but it's a big deal. In marriage you absolutely have to communicate and make decisions together, because if one person goes off and does their own thing without talking to the other, it can cause major problems. We've never had a big issue with this but we work hard to always communicate with each other. We've made quite a few big decisions lately (Texas, Fashion BloggingCollege) and we've consulted each other about every detail. It's been really important and has helped strengthen our marriage.

I've never been happier. 
Living with depression is hard, but my husband makes it so much better! He always knows the right way to make me happy when I'm feeling down. I don't know how he does it. A few years ago before I met Chris my biggest fear was that I would never find someone who would tolerate my depression. Chris has exceeded all expectations and makes me happier than I've ever been before in my life. And I am eternally grateful to have him in my life.

This post is short but I just wanted to say a few quick things about my marriage. Happy 10 months to me! And thank goodness for Little Caesars for being one of the only restaurants cheap enough for us to have a special lunch together. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Omg Kaylee! I have dealt with depression too! Not that it's exciting lol, but it's crazy that it's something we have in common. It began when I started college, and it literally turned me into a different person. I started dating my boyfriend, Cody, after about 2 years of dealing with it, and he really helped me get through it. I'm glad you have your husband to help you through it, because I know it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like we have a lot in common, it's crazy!! Yeah Chris really helps make me better. He's the greatest! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 10 months! And when people say to 'enjoy the honeymoon period', just shluff them off. I'm going on 9 years of marriage with my hubs and we're still in that period!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...