Tuesday, September 25, 2012

How To Crimp Your Hair With a Straightener

I'm obsessed with my straightener!! I use it everyday to either straighten, curl, and now crimp my hair. It's fantastic, and I'll teach you how!


So I use a CHI. You can look at/purchase one here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2091315&productId=xlsImpprod3850103&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=1chi2012&categoryId=cat1000001 (but we got mine at Costco for cheaper). This waving technique was actually shown to me on a different type of straightener. I'm sorry that I don't remember exactly what brand it was. But it seems to work just fine on my CHI. The only thing you need are those rounded edges (look at the yellow part and how it rounds on the sides towards the black, since it all heats up, that's what helps it wave or curl).



These are my before pictures. I had straightened my hair earlier before work so it was pretty straight when I got started. Sorry for my cheesy smile...


So the technique is fairly simple. Take a strand of hair and press it into your straightener. Now instead of just smoothing the straightener down your hair, tilt it up and down while slowly going down your hair. It's a little difficult to explain. Basically just twist your wrist up and down while smoothing out the strand of hair. Above is the photo of my tilting it up...


... and this is me tilting the straightener downward. Does that make sense? Please leave a comment if you don't get it. Maybe I'll make a video so you can better see how it's done.


It should look something like this.




In the picture above, do you see how I'm tilting the straightener? Just tilt it back and forth. Sorry for the weird doll-like face. It's hard to make pretty faces while doing your hair and taking pictures at the same time.




The final result! I think it looks really pretty and this only took me like ten minutes on my hair! My hair isn't incredibly thin, but it's not that thick either, so the time would vary depending on your hair type.

I also want to point out my new mascara. I have a love/hate relationship with mascara. It's my favorite type of makeup, I wear it everyday, no matter what (even swimming, thank you for water-proof!) but I cannot find a brand that I love. Still can't. I've tried lots too. So if you have any suggestions, let me know.

The mascara I'm currently trying out is the Mega Plush by Maybelline.


Currently, I'm really liking this mascara. It makes my eyelashes look longer, which is good because I have fairly short ones. It also keeps them very soft. I hate mascaras that are really heavy on your eyelashes and when you touch it, the mascara seems all crusty and hard. But Mega Plush doesn't do that. When I feel my eyelashes with my finger, it feels as if I'm not wearing any mascara! And I really like that. It's very light and freeing. So far I like this mascara. But I usually stop liking my mascaras after a few weeks.

So if you have any fantastic mascaras you'd like to tell me about, I would be very grateful!

Well that's all for this blog post. Thanks for reading! I hope my directions for crimping your hair weren't too difficult. If you have any questions, please leave a comment! I usually respond to all the comments on this page, so just keep in touch!

I LOVE MY READERS!!!

--Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. I wish my sister can learn a tip or two about make-up and hairdo, cause she serious needs it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute style! :)

    Thanks for the sweet message on my blog today!

    xo
    Deanne
    myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really love your blog. :)

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...