Monday, September 3, 2012

8 Week Get Healthy Challenge: Week 1 Evaluation

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but I'm back with lots of things to tell the world about. First on my list is this 8 Week Get Healthy Challenge my family is doing (original blog post found here: http://whenthe-cows-comehome.blogspot.com/2012/08/8-week-weight-loss-get-healthy-challenge.html ).

Okay. This get healthy/ weight loss program is really cool. it focuses more on being healthy than losing a ton of weight. It's a competition between my family members and the friends competing in it. This program was found on http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/ but my aunt started it for our family. I'm told we have 29 people participating!

So we all finished our first week of the program. Here is a list of what we have to do:

  • Make contact with a teammate (1pt)
  • Drink 64 oz of water (3 pts)
  • Stop eating before 9pm (3 pts)
  • 2 servings of fruit (3 pts)
  • 3 servings of vegetables (5 pts)
  • No sweets/ sugary treats (5 pts)
  • Keep a food journal (5 pts)
  • Workout (30 minutes = 5 pts or 45 minutes = 7 pts)
My total points for this last week was 194 out of a possible total of 205. Not too bad. But then you get 10 points for every pound lost and 5 points for maintaining lowest weight. 
I've lost 2 pounds this week because of this program.
Honestly, this wasn't a major change. I worked out the same amount I would have any week. I even thought I ate more food this week than usual, trying to get all my fruits and veggies in. But I lost two pounds. I'm so happy! I'm not the only one with results. My mom lost 3 pounds, my dad lost 4. This program really works to boost your body into getting healthy!

I highly recommend this for anyone. You can find all the information and the printable plan here: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/8-week-printable-weight-loss-get.html.

Yes, this is the photo that came up when I typed "healthy" into Google. :)

--Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, You've done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site.
    Feel free to surf my web blog ; diets that work fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are just starting week 6 right now and I think this is a great program (even though I'm craving chocolate a lot).

      Delete
  2. Greаt post. I ωas сhecking constantly this blοg аnԁ Ι'm impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    My page chinese weight loss tea

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...