Monday, April 7, 2014

Style Icon: Lily Aldrin

Chris and I have been watching How I Met Your Mother for a long time. And I've talked about it a lot on this blog  like in my Top 10 Reasons I Love HIMYM, and if you look at the last one, main reason I love the show is Lily's outfits.

Seriously if I could raid Lily Aldrin's closet, I totally would. I pretty much love everything she wears ever. (Except her whale costume in the final episode last week. That was just plain awful.) So while I'm hoping to do future "Style Icon" posts on my blog, I absolutely knew I had to pick Lily first. Yes, she is a fictional character, but she truly is an inspiration for my personal wardrobe. 

I love how Lily can dress up and dress down but still look comfortable and cute. She wears lots of bright colors and patterns that really add excitement to her wardrobe. She's a kindergarten teacher, which is the career path I'm looking towards, and she dresses nice while still wearing clothes that are easy to move and take care of kids in. Even her maternity wardrobe is adorable! I'm also in love (most the time) with Lily's hair. It always looks super cute. I especially like it in season 2 and the final few seasons. 

I cannot say enough good things about Lily Aldrin's style. It's totally an inspiration for me as I'm trying to find my own style and buy a new wardrobe. Her's is always my favorite and so I'm happy to publish her as one of my "Style Icons". 






(Favorite wedding dress ever! I even think I like it better than mine.)


(This one is Alyson Hannigan, not really Lily, but I totally love this outfit! Maybe I'll do a separate post about Alyson Hannigan, because I do love her and her personal style as well.)




(It's cheesy, I know, but I totally want these sweaters for Chris and I.)






(Okay, this one is totally a joke. I do not like this dress.)







But I think what I like most of all is her perfect relationship with Marshall. And I don't mean perfect in the sense that everything is always good, but perfect in the sense that they are the most realistic couple on television because they truly get along and they fight but are able to deal with their fights. Basically I love Lily and Marshall and think Chris and I have a similar relationship. And Lily and Marshall are the only thing I'll miss now that the show is ended.... especially after the final episode where everyone else in the gang just forgot everything they learned over nine seasons and reverted back to who they were in the very first episode. Ugh. I don't think I'll ever get over how mad that last season/finale made me. 

Anyways, that was a whole lot of pictures! But I hope you enjoyed them! And if you got down to the end here, congratulations! And don't forget to read my other fashion posts found HERE

Who are your style icons? Leave a comment below and let me know! 
THANKS FOR READING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...