Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Moth

So last night Chris and I left happy little Cache Valley and went with his parents to the Real Salt Lake game. I don't know if I've fully expressed just how obsessed Chris and his family are about soccer, but they love soccer and know soccer better than anyone... probably...

So we were super excited to go because it was the U.S. Open Cup and RSL was playing against the worst team in MLS, so we thought we would win for sure... We were wrong.  I usually have pictures from RSL games, but I don't for this one, because I don't want to remember it.

I'm not usually one to get angry at games, because while I like my team to win, I don't really care that much if they lose. Last night was different. The last half we were on our feet the whole time, yelling at the ref, shouting "Come on!" every time our players did something stupid (because they did a lot of stupid stuff last night), and having the most traumatic experience of my life (which is the whole point of this post, hence the title of the post, but I'll get to it in a minute).

I was so mad we lost. RSL is my favorite team and we are a fantastic team. But we lost in the U.S. Open Cup to the worst team. I still am mad. It was an awful experience. But at least the weather was good and I got nachos with nasty fake cheese sauce and a churro!!

While eating said churro, I had the most traumatic experience of my life. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but only by a little. I was standing there, eating my churro and watching the ever frustrating game, when a moth flew into my shirt got stuck in my bra and started flying around!!

It took all my will not to scream but I grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked it down, flashing anyone in sight trying to get the moth to fly out, and I just look in and see this moth flying around my boobs. It wasn't a small moth either, this was a big moth!

So Chris finally turns to see my yanking my shirt down and he's like "What are you doing??" right as this moth flies out of my shirt. I'm freaking out, because it was awful. A hilarious story, yes, but a completely awful experience. The rest of the game I kept looking up at the stadium lights at the thousands of moths flying around, terrifying it might happen again. And the moths really did keep coming down into the crowd. I was holding my jacket closed the rest of the game and holding tightly to my husband to protect me from any more moths.

Ironically, today a fly flew into a chest, it didn't go down my shirt, but I was still ticked off. I think this is a sign that I should stop wearing low-cut shirts, not that they're that low, but apparently low enough for moths and other bugs to sneak in. Also, why are bugs attracted to my chest? It's not that great. So I'm still freaking out a bit, and typing this makes my boobs (is that word to harsh to say on this blog?) itch and makes me paranoid.

Lesson Learned: 
I'm wearing turtle necks to RSL games from now on. 

Stupid moths...

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, this post is hilarious! It really would be a terrifying thing to happen, but the story is awesome! Maybe you need to wear one of those bug repellent clips. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, that's a good idea! I'm terrified of pretty much every type of bug so I really should wear bug repellent constantly. Ha ha. I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...