Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cache Valley Volunteer Center

This post is a part of The Cache Valley Checklist
To see all similar posts, CLICK HERE


I've always been a big advocate of service, volunteering, giving and all around helping others. I started this blog with the intention of helping others through Charity of the Month. It just started this month so as far as I know it's not making a huge difference yet, but I just know that someday it will. 

So when making my Cache Valley Checklist, I included the Cache Valley Volunteer Center because I knew it was something I wanted to do and something I wanted to encourage others to do as well. If you live in Cache Valley, I highly suggest you click on the link and sign up. It's super easy to sign up and then you can easily find volunteer work. 

Volunteer work doesn't have to be difficult. You can learn about a single event and go help for a few hours. You could join an organization and work with them continually. There is just an overwhelming feeling of happiness that you get from volunteering and helping others. 

I volunteer with the Read Today program in Logan. Every Monday and Wednesday from 10:00 to 10:30, I go to an elementary school and help a fifth grader with his reading. I love my fifth grader! He is so cute and loves to read, he just stumbles over his words. Every Monday and Wednesday after working with him, my day gets supremely better. I can tell that I'm helping him and that makes me feel good! 

I hope to work with the Read Today program for a long time. I love the way it makes me feel but it is also great practice for me as I am working towards a degree in elementary education. I love providing service to others! 

I really hope that all of you in Cache Valley at least sign up with the Cache Valley Volunteer Center. I know you'll find something the works for you and it'll make your life better and so much happier to give service to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...