Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Trip to St. George

For this post I'm starting at the very beginning, which means Valentine's Day morning. It all began with me waking up and getting ready like it was a normal day, because at the time it was. I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day so the fact that it was February 14th didn't faze me (except that I was happy for my parents because it's their anniversary).

When my husband woke up he hurried and got ready and we decided to head to Kneaders for French Toast. I was super excited because I've been wanting Kneaders French toast since forever but things always come up and we could never get there in time for breakfast. But this time we did and it was delicious!!

P.S. All the pictures were taken with my new phone and are shaped weird, but they honestly turn out better than if I take them with my camera.

Then I had class to get to and Chris went off to go find my Valentine's Day gifts, which included beautiful earrings, chocolate covered strawberries and a super cute card! It was simple, but honestly, we both knew we were going to St. George and we're trying to save up our money so it was perfect.


After class Chris went and got his new driver's license because he's 25 and old now. Then we ate at Carl's Jr. and started driving through the snowy canyon to my in-law's house.


Ugh! Worst picture ever! And why is it a different size? I don't get it! 

Once at my in-laws, we transferred all our stuff to their car and we took of for St. George!! I was super excited to get away from the stress of school and just relax! On the way there we stopped at a gas station/petting zoo where I found a souvenir with my name spelled right!!! It's honestly a rare occurrence.


We arrived in St. George late that night and we visited Chris's Grandma Joyce before heading to our hotel (which was beautiful and amazing). We fell asleep soon after in the most amazing bed and now I really want pillows like that...

The next day was MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY!!!! We woke up, ate pancakes and bacon and went off to the soccer tournament! My father-in-law coaches a team of twelve-year-olds that were playing in the tournament. While there, I ran into my best friend! Her dad is a soccer ref and he was down there for the tournament and I got to talk with my best friend Lauren and her mom, which was so wonderful! I miss them so much! They are seriously like a second family to me.

After soccer we went bowling! And I sucked!! I seriously don't think I've ever done that badly before! However I think I know why. Friday in class we learned about Social Anxiety Disorder and they gave us a mini-test to see if we had it and... yeah... there's a very great chance I have it. And looking back on my life I realize just how much I really do probably have this. I don't know what it means for my future, but I suppose it's a good thing I finally figured it out. Anyways, while bowling I feel incredibly anxious and stressed because I don't like being put in the spotlight, so when I go up and bowl and they all either cheer for me or say "oh, that's alright", I get this tension throughout my body because I don't want to be the center of attention. It's always happened, but I never knew it was a part of Social Anxiety Disorder. When I'm bowling with just Chris, I don't feel that pressure because I'm so in love with him and everything is comfortable and different around him, but apparently when I'm with other people I suck at bowling.





Seriously, I could not take a single good picture of myself this trip...

After bowling and a few three-person games of billiards, we went back to the hotel to swim! Oh my gosh, it's the most amazing feeling after a crazy cold winter (which is still happening here in Logan) to go on a trip and be able to swim outside! The pool was nice but I couldn't handle it for too long and spent most my time in the hot tub.



Such a handsome husband! 


We ate so much good food that day in celebration of Chris's birthday and we had a wonderful time! We had some spare time to visit the mall and I played on kid toys with my brother-in-law.


 After all that we went and saw The Lego Movie, which Chris and I have now seen twice already and we're so in love with it! Seriously, go see The Lego Movie! I don't care how old you are or how mature you think you are, GO SEE THE LEGO MOVIE!!!

The next day (Sunday) we woke up and went to church with Chris's grandma. We only went to sacrament meeting and then we went back to the hotel and I laid in bed and watched The American Bible Challenge, which was a weird game show but I learned more about the Bible and got to see this:


And we got to snuggle in the wonderful bed.


After a nap, we all went to Grandma Joyce's house for dinner, which was super delicious! Chris and I then went on an eventful walk where we made some really big decisions for our future, which I will announce next week when it's 100% official (just know, REALLY big news is coming).

I then talked to my mom on the phone for half an hour about my trip and this big decision (I'm being very secretive right now, ha ha) and just about life. And I realized how long it's been since I've seen my mom and I love and miss her very much!

After we left I convinced them we had to go to the most dangerous park in the world, which is actually super fun!


And I sat in a bucket that spins for like twenty minutes and Chris's whole family was amazed that I didn't get dizzy or sick. But I just love things that spin!!! I wanted Chris to take a picture but he didn't so you don't get to see my amazing spinning abilities.

The next morning we woke up and packed. It was super sad and I didn't want to leave the warm weather, however, due to my fear of bridges, I was super relieved to finally be leaving the death trap that led to our hotel room.


Seriously, I hated these bridge-like things! Chris and I were super sad to be leaving though and having to get back to cold weather.


But after a few quick selfies:



We were on our way back home. To see The Lego Movie again. And on the way I ate kid friendly Jelly Beans with very helpful instructions:


Because I had no idea how to eat Jelly Beans before this. (Wink wink)

What did you do with your Valentine's Day and President's Day weekend? Let me know in the comments below! 
THANKS FOR READING!! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! I am obsessed with Kneader's French Toast too... so good!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am so glad we found each other in this big blogging world! XO Courtney
    www.unpredictableandchic.com
    @unpredictableandchic

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...