Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Greatly Dislike College

Last week a wrote a certain blog post entitled I Hate College. And for some strange reason I received a huge response and it quickly became my most viewed blog post this month. I found it incredibly strange especially considering it was just a long, angry rant and typically those don't go over too well on my blog. But for some reason you all were very intrigued by my bold statement of saying I hate college and were very interested in helping me. So thank you.

But I cannot in good conscience just let that angry post slide by without a disclaimer. While everything I wrote in that post is true and I wouldn't take any of it back, it's important to note that directly before that post I was in class and received my paper back, a paper that I thought I had done really well on, but I got a "C+".

Despite that being a passing grade I was incredibly frustrated! The whole point of this particular semester was to bring up my GPA by taking all the classes that I had previously failed. Which means that the two classes this semester that I am in great danger of failing, I've already failed them before!! I've already taken that class! I've already done the work! And these are English classes, a subject in which I decided I didn't want to major in anymore.

I'm sick of being in English classes and because I'm in all high level English courses, this semester is particularly difficult and frustrating for me. I have no desire to be in these classes and with each bad grade on a quiz or essay I lose any desire to even pass anymore. This semester is incredibly difficult and it's draining me in a way that no semester ever has, not just because of the difficulty level but because I just don't care anymore.

While I do stand by my post last week, I feel it's important for my readers to know why I wrote all those anger-filled words at that particular moment. And I feel the title of this post more accurately portrays my real feelings towards college. Hate is too strong a word.

I don't know what my next step is. I don't know what the result of last week's post is yet. Right now I'm just focusing on getting through the rest of the semester and then taking the summer off in Texas to think through all my options. I've talked with my husband and I think I have a good idea about where I want to go from here, but I need to pray about it more and I feel like I need to be out of school (not continually pestered by this awful semester) to make the right decision.

Again, thank you to everyone who left comments on last week's post or texted or emailed me. All your comments and suggestions were incredibly helpful and I am so grateful to have this wonderful blogging community to help me when I'm down. You mean everything to me and I am so happy to have you around.
THANK YOU!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate it, too, and totally get what you mean! I was so angry during my first two year, and I thought I would never finish, but something in me one day just told me to keep going, and I finished this past December. It will go by WAY faster than you think! I swore I would never take Summer school, and I ended up doing it two years in a row. I don't know what came over me, but I was in such a hurry to finish haha. Good luck to you! It will be over before you know it, trust me. :)

    - meyouandhayleylarue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...