Thursday, October 25, 2012

8 Week Get Healthy Challenge: Final Evaluation

So I'm a little late, but last week was the final week of our diet. And boy was I happy about that. I can finally eat sugar again! :) But I learned a couple things from this experience:


  • I never drank enough water during the day and now I really like to.
  • I also never ate enough fruits and vegetables during the day, but it's not hard to, and eating the right amount isn't as many as you think it is. (our challenge required us to eat 3 servings of vegetable a day with a "serving" defined as 1/2 cup)
  • Eating fruits and vegetables is delicious! 
  • I love working out. I kind of already knew that, but being required to work out 5 days a week helped me remember that I need to do it more, because it just makes me happy.
  • I hate keeping a food journal. I even use My Fitness Pal (an app I use on my Kindle Fire) and it's not that exciting. It's boring and it seems pointless. 
  • I love sugar. And forcing me to only eat sugar once a week isn't a good idea, but I was actually very good at following that. :)
  • My uncle loses weight way too easily and we should never go in a weight loss competition with him ever again. 
  • It's a lot easier than I thought to lose weight.
Seriously, that last one is true. Because... I LOST EIGHT POUNDS DOING THIS CHALLENGE!  Yay! And now, since I'm able to eat sugar again, I've gained it all back! Just kidding, it only feels like it because I've been splurging on sugar this week. I still want to lose ten more pounds but since I didn't even notice losing the first eight pounds, it shouldn't be that hard to lose ten more. I'm setting a goal for myself to lose the ten pounds before my wedding. Which gives me a lot of time (at the rate my boyfriend is going for getting me a ring). That even means I can get through the major holidays coming up the next few months, and then lose my weight after (I'm only being realistic, I know how much candy I eat at Christmas time). 

So to help me lose my ten more pounds, I'm starting my own challenge with my readers! I'm going to figure out what it's all about then post more information later. But if you want to be a part of my challenge to lose ten pounds, please leave a comment to let me know you're interested. 

I love my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

--Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...