Sunday, October 7, 2012

General Conference October 2012

I've written before that I am LDS. I love it. I've struggled with my religion before but I always turn back to it. This weekend was General Conference, where the prophet and his counselors gather in the Conference Center in Salt Lake and speak to all the members of the church across the world. I watched it from the comfort of my living room in my pajamas with my mom, brother, grandma, and my wonderful boyfriend.

I love General Conference because I always hear exactly what I need to, straight from the mouths of the leaders of the LDS church. It's a wonderful event and I love that it happens twice a year (in April and October).

This year was fantastic! I feel like a learned so much! My favorite part is when I'll be able to access the written version of all the talks on my Kindle Fire and be able to read and really analyze them. (through the app Gospel Library, one of my favorite apps! I can read scriptures, General Conference talks, the LDS magazines, manuals, and find all the hymns and other handouts given by the church. For anyone LDS, I highly recommend downloading this free app!!)

I'm not going to go into much detail about General Conference, but I love it! If you're LDS I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do! And if you are not LDS, I hope that if you have any questions, feel free to ask or check out http://mormon.org/.

Thanks for reading!!

--Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...