Sunday, October 19, 2014

I'm Not Perfect

Lately I've been really frustrated with myself for not writing on this blog and for not cleaning my apartment as much as I should and for not having it decorated all fancy like other couples my age. I just get really angry with myself. I always have been my own worst enemy. It's something that has caused very real problems for me in my life when dealing with my depression.

But I think it's time to get very real with myself. I won't always be able to accomplish the things I set out to do. I won't always have a clean house. My life won't ever be stress free. I won't ever have enough money in the world to buy everything I want. I may never figure out what I want to do with my life.... but that's okay.

Because I'm not perfect.

And I don't think that I should ever expect that from myself. I struggle a lot with thinking my life has to be perfect, but it doesn't have to be, it probably never will be, and I've decided to accept that about myself.

I'm not perfect and I never will be, but I can always work hard every day to be the best person I can be. My goal in life is to do the things that make me happiest. Maybe perfection doesn't belong in my life.

3 comments:

  1. You're good enough as you are, little miss :). I hope you continue to practice accepting who you are because you're really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!
    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...