Friday, May 23, 2014

Beauty Haul

Hello friends!! It has been literally forever since I last wrote on here and even longer since I've done a fashion/beauty post, which honestly I've been wearing some very cute outfits lately but my husband works all the time so I don't have anyone to take pictures for me. I'll have to convince my neighbor to do it I guess.

Anyways I figured with this move new state new makeup! So I went out and bought some awesome makeup items and I've been using them for the past week and I absolutely love them so I wanted to share them with you!

I bought all of these at Walmart, because navigating San Antonio streets is like my worst nightmare and I only know how to get to Walmart. But I learned Target is very close and living in Logan I missed Target so I'm super happy I have one again! I actually bought some clothes from Target. If you want a post on what I bought leave a comment and let me know!

On to my recent beauty purchases!


First on my list is Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder in shade 20 Classic Ivory. As you'll see in this post I pretty much only buy Maybelline products. I just love the way they work with my skin and I'm pretty much obsessed with Maybelline! I absolutely love the coverage that this powder gives me! It makes my skin look flawless which is always a plus. The only problem is that I think I got a shade too dark. I always thought I had tanner skin but whenever I buy foundation products I learn that I don't. My first application of this product it made my face look much too much darker than the rest of me but I think I've got a good system down now to even out the coverage and make it blend. 

If you are curious about my other favorite foundation products you can read all about my makeup essentials HERE (and again, they are mostly Maybelline products, ha ha). 


I have never been much of a perfume person. When I was little I had a perfume that made me break out in hives so I've always been wary about buying perfumes and just stuck to lotions and stuff. But I decided to try out the Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck Perfume Pencil because it was something different and I felt it would last longer than most perfumes. First of all, this smells INCREDIBLE!! I'm like addicted! Secondly I love that this isn't a liquid that I have to keep safe in my bathroom cabinet. No! I've been keeping this in my purse. Every morning I put some on my wrists and then on the side of my neck (pulse points) but I love that I can carry this with me and put on a little more if I feel the need. I totally want to go back and buy the other scents as well as stock up on this one, because I'm literally addicted.


I have been scraping out every last bit of my last liquid liner for almost a month! I was in desperate need of a new one (technically this was the only thing I actually needed, ha ha). So, of course, I turned to Maybelline. I had read a review online about the Maybelline New York Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner  and decided to try it out and I'm so glad I did! Even though I have ridiculous shaky hands all the time, it is so easy for me to just glide on this liner perfectly. I love the effect that it has and it lasts which is something really important to me. My only complaint is that it doesn't work well on the lower lash line, so I need to find something better for that. 


This is the last Maybelline one I swear! I'm in love with and will only buy Maybelline mascaras. I just feel like all the other brands don't have the same effect or irritate my eyes. It's their mascaras that made me obsessed with Maybelline in the first place! Every time I need mascara I try out a new Maybelline one. This time I picked the Maybelline New York Volum' Express One By One Washable Mascara and I only picked it because I liked the color of the bottle. I've been liking this one. It keeps my eyelashes feeling soft and looking natural. I hate when mascaras make my eyelashes too hard and fake. I don't know if this is my favorite of the Maybelline mascaras or mascaras in general. I just don't feel like it give quite as much volume or flare as I usually get. But you win some, you lose some. 


No more Maybelline! So I feel like I'm the last person in the world to get on the EOS trend and this is my very first EOS Lip Balm Sphere I've bought or used ever. This one is in "Summer Fruit" and it smells like those delicious peach ring candy things that my best friend and I would always have at sleepovers, it's pretty much amazing. But I've always been obsessed with keeping my lips moisturized, which is why I coat my lips with a huge amount of Vaseline every night before I go to bed and my husband makes fun of me for it. I think this is an absolutely fabulous lip balm, it keeps my lips soft, it smells amazing, and it's more fun than your typical chapstick. 


So the only reason I purchased Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment as opposed to another acne treatment product was price. I looked around and this one was the cheapest. Ever since moving to San Antonio I feel like I'm getting more acne, which doesn't make sense to me because I thought the Utah dry air would give me more than the humid air... maybe I'm completely backwards on that. Regardless, I've been wanting an acne spot treatment for a long time so I finally got one. I think this product is working really well for me and it has a good smell and it hasn't dried out my skin at all. Because I haven't used an acne spot treatment since like middle school I don't really have anything to compare this to. So it's been working for me but perhaps a different brand would work better, I really don't know. If you have a favorite acne spot treatment, let me know in the comments below!

________________________________________________________

Well that's my current beauty haul! So here's the deal, I am raising money to buy myself a new laptop this summer with a camera and editing software and I'm hoping to start making Youtube videos!! So then my beauty or fashion hauls wouldn't be so laboriously written out like this one, it would be more like THIS or THIS. I would still put it up in a post though so you wouldn't have to visit my Youtube page, it would still be on here.  

As always you can find all my fashion and beauty posts if you click on the top tab that says FASHION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...