Monday, December 3, 2012

Why I Love Christina Perri

1. She has a song called Penguin. Penguins are adorable!



See? Adorable!

2. Her song was featured on So You Think You Can Dance and it helped her become famous!


3. This song is just fantastic! The lyrics are incredible and I'm in love with the fact this this is a home recorded video.


4. Related to number 3, I love that Christina Perri has her Youtube channel that helped boost her career. I'll be honest, I'm not one of the lucky ones that found her on Youtube before Jar of Hearts, but when I found Jar of Hearts, I could not stop listening to her!

5. She is just... beautiful.




Photo credits go to Christina Perri's Facebook page

6. As the pictures above show, she's just... normal. She's not some crazy famous person. She takes photos with so many of her fans and posts them on Facebook. For example:




Gosh... I wish I had been there...

7. She wrote A Thousand Years for Twilight: Breaking Dawn (boo) and it's the most incredible song! I had my heart set on it being my wedding song... you know... until I learned a dance to it and listened to it way too many times. But I'll still be playing the song at my wedding. Because that song describes me in every way. For example:
"I have died everyday waiting for you, darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more. All along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."
8. Jar of Hearts hit me in a way that no song ever has. I can, to this day, still say it's my favorite song. Why? Because it describe my life and situation 100% and it made me cry that she would write a song about me (while I know that's not true, that's how it felt).

I am forever grateful for my mom for showing me this song. She showed me because of the music video. Because it has dancers in it, and she said it reminded her of me. But when I really listened to the words, I realized just how much this song was about me.
"It took so long just to feel all alright. Remember how to put back the light in my eyes. I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed cause you broke all your promises. And now you're back. You don't get to get me back!" 
A friend of mine has a video of me from one late night after driving from San Diego to Utah, and very much hyped up on Mountain Dew (my alcohol), singing this song. Screaming the line above at a broken drive-thru window, because that's EXACTLY how I felt at the time.

Luckily, the guy left my life, I met Chris, and now I'm getting married to the most perfect man in the world. Win for me!


9. Arms. So similar to my connection with Jar of Hearts. I don't know how Christina Perri is stalking me to write songs about me, but I love it.
"I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me cause I'm already falling. I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home... I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth. And I've never opened up, I've never truly loved till you put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go.... You put your arms around me and I'm home."
When I first started dated Chris I was in a very depressed and vulnerable state of mind. And this song described me and how nervous and scared I was to open up to my Christopher. I truly have a difficult time opening up and sharing my true feelings with anyone. But with Christopher, I'm home.


10. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel I have a very deep personal connection to Christina Perri. We're like sisters... that have never met. But seriously, how else could all the lyrics to every one of her songs describe me, and hit my heart in a way that no other music does? Her voice is incredible. Her lyrics are incredible. She's beautiful. And someday, I want to meet her, because she is like a part of me. Her songs are written for me. I love her and I will always love her and her music.


BONUS! If you're wanting to get in the Christmas spirit, she has a new album out, A Very Merry Perri Christmas! Check out one special song here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...