Monday, November 24, 2014

The Things I'm Most Grateful For

Happy Thanksgiving Week!! This week I am giving you three different posts all about gratitude and what I am thankful for. The first is this one, the things I'm most grateful for, then I have the places I'm most grateful for, and lastly the people I'm most grateful for. I have so much gratitude in my heart this time of year and I wanted to share it all with you.

Music -Music has been a huge part of my life for a very very long time. My sister and I used to sing together in church while my mom played piano and I always felt surrounded by music growing up. Music makes me happy and I'm so grateful for it.

Rain -It almost feels like our move to Texas this summer never happened. It just feels like I skipped a summer and never left Logan. But I will always remember the Texas rain and how beautiful it was and the lightning and thunder. I would open up our porch door and sit inside just watching it rain, specks of water coming inside. Rain makes me so incredibly happy and watching and listening to rain is one of the greatest things in the world. I'll also add in snow falling, I don't love snow, but I love sitting inside with a cup of hot chocolate and watching the snow fall because it's one of the most peaceful things in the world.

Books -Books allow us to escape into a different world, be different people, and do things we would never normally do. I'm in love with books and the way that they make me feel.



Warm Blankets -There is nothing better than after a long day of work getting into my bed and snuggling among my many blankets (and husband). It's such a good feeling and it gives me a moment of peace that is always needed.

My Apartment -Chris and I have lived in four different apartments since getting married a year and a half ago. That's pretty ridiculous. Because of that, even now it just doesn't feel permanent. I haven't put up any pictures yet because I keep thinking we're going to leave again. But regardless, I am grateful that I have an apartment and a place I can call home. And despite having our door knocked down by firemen in the middle of the night, I do feel safe here. We don't plan on staying in Logan forever, but it's nice to have a home.

Having A Job -I am so insanely grateful for my job. I stare at a computer screen all day and sometimes I get really bored, but I genuinely love my job because I feel appreciated and people are kind to me. I'm making friends and I get treated really well. More than that, I'm making enough money to allow my husband to not work and focus on school, which was a big decision that was important to both of us.

Writing -As you may know, it's my life goal to write a book. It's a struggle lately with no computer, and too many ideas swirling around in my head, but I'm so grateful that this is the only thing that I've ever truly wanted to do. I've wanted to do so many things in my life, teach, write for a magazine, dance, etc. And writing is the only things that has stayed with me and that I've pursued my entire life. I'm so grateful that I can do it, and I'm grateful for doing it because it makes me happy.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints -I was born and raised in the LDS church and because of that, I have taken it for granted many a time. Sometimes I forget how important this church and this gospel is in my life and am just going to church and ignoring everything else. Lately I've realized how much I need this church, remembering the moments that it saved me and changed my life. I truly am grateful to be a member of the LDS church and I hope I never forget that again.

Writing On This Blog -It certainly may not seem like it lately, but I am so grateful for this blog. I love writing on it so much! It makes me happy and it lets me express myself through writing, which has always been my favorite thing. I hope that I keep moving forward with this blog, that I keep writing posts for many years to come because this has been an opportunity to meet people, share my ideas, and I hope I never once take this opportunity for granted.

Cows -It may seem childish, but every time I see a cow I get excited. I don't know exactly what it is, why I'm in love with cows so much, but they make me happy and my life goal is to be happy. Cows help me fulfill my life goal and I am truly grateful for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...