Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The People I'm Most Grateful For

The most important part of showing my gratitude is to the people I care most about. These are people who helped shape me and change my life. I may never be able to fully express why I am so grateful for them, but I will try my hardest. This is in no particular order, so if you're on this list don't be insulted by your position, it doesn't matter.

My Friend Kalee -I am grateful for Kalee because she unknowingly helped me start this blog. I had been debating the idea for a long time and started one but gave up. Then I saw her blog, Fred Rongo, and decided it was my time to actually start blogging. I love this blog and so I am very grateful for Kalee for inspiring me to start it.

My Grandma & Grandpa Clark -I've always loved my grandma and grandpa, but growing up I didn't get to see them as much. My grandpa passed away a few years ago, but I'll never forget when I was little and complaining about Michelle getting to read Harry Potter and I couldn't until she was done, and my grandpa drove me to the store and bought me the second and third Harry Potter books. I love him and I miss him a lot. My grandma is incredible. She used to always hike with us in Jackson and now she lives in Utah with us and I get to see her a lot. Lately I've been hearing more about my grandma and grandpa when they first met and when they were dating. She was the only girl my grandpa ever kissed and ever dated. They were sweethearts and they had a perfect relationship. They adopted my mom and gave her an incredible life. I am truly grateful for my grandparents because they are truly incredible people.



My Nana -I love my Nana for teaching me how to be creative and find the beauty in little things. I remember making crafts out of pinecones and other ordinary objects. She has this wonderful ability to take these small, seemingly useless things and making them something beautiful. She finds the positive things in life and I think that's a beautiful thing. I love my Nana and I think she's an incredible person with an incredible ability to make life more fun and more beautiful. I'm grateful to have her in my life and grateful for the way she raised my dad. She helped make my dad the wonderful person he is, and I am grateful for my Nana for everything.




My In-Laws -If I could have chosen my in-laws, I would still chose Scott and Michelle. They are the perfect second parents that I didn't know I needed. They raised a perfect son who I love and who treats me like a princess. They take us on adventures and we always have fun when we're with them. I honestly love my in-laws. They are so kind and fun and they work hard and are incredible parents. I am so grateful for them. I love them with all my heart! I am also very grateful for my three brothers in-law that I got when I married Chris. They are so much fun and it was exciting for me to get new brothers. Now, in only a few days, I get a sister-in-law as well. My in-laws are the absolute greatest. I love the Farnes family so very, very much.



My neighbor Tamara -Tamara is an inspiration to me. She was one of my Young Women's leaders. She honestly cares about what happens in my life. She threw me an amazing bridal shower. But mostly, she inspired me as she struggled with cancer. She battled it right back and never seemed to give up hope. When I had my cancer scare I was able to turn to her and she gave me inspiration and hope. I love Tamara and I am grateful to have her in my life as a friend.

My Cousin Desi -I truly believe that Desi saved my wedding. After I thought my dress was ruined, and I wouldn't have the sleeves that I had wanted, Desi stepped up and saved the day. She expertly sewed new sleeves on my dress that were exactly what I had been wanting. Not only that, she gave me eyelash extensions, and did my hair and makeup for the wedding. Desi is incredible and I am so grateful to have her living nearby and for everything she did for me for my wedding, and everything she does for me now.

Such an old picture! I couldn't find any newer ones! 

My Old Dance Teachers/Coaches -Dance was such a big part of my life and I am forever grateful for the people who helped me learn how to do it. Barbara, Nicki, Christy, Dayna, Addie, Andrea, Jay, Candice, Jeanne, and Adam, you all have helped teach me and change my life. You are all such incredible people and you helped me to do something that I truly loved. I am forever grateful for you and I wouldn't have been able to do all that I have without you.

My Siblings -Nick and Michelle, you are my best friends in the world. We have been really lucky to never really fight that much and to have such a good relationship. I've had the greatest times with you. The most exciting moments of my childhood always involved you two. Michelle, I loved sharing a room with you and having sleep overs and watching Gilmore Girls and Pirates of the Caribbean with you. I loved when we went to The Dark Knight premire together and you said, "It's a dark night tonight" and made me laugh. You're crazy and fun and I love you! Nick, we had the best time crawling on the floor playing with toys together. We had the biggest imaginations and spent so much time together plotting against Michelle. I feel like we are the greatest siblings in the world. I can't even begin to explain how much I love you guys! I'm am forever grateful for you and I love you more than anything!




My Aunt Cherene and Uncle Jeff -One summer my aunt and uncle let me live with them so I could stay in Logan and keep my job. Again, this summer after moving back from Texas and having no where to live, they allowed Chris and I to live with them for over a week until we could move into our apartment. I truly believe Cherene and Jeff are some of the nicest people in the world. They are always inviting us over for dinner and celebrating my birthday with me. I feel so much love and gratitude for them for giving me a home when I needed one. They are like a second set of parents to me and I love them so very much!

My Best Friend Lauren -No relationship, other than family, has lasted as long as my bond with Lauren. Lauren, you are 100% my best friend/cousin/sister. You are a part of my family and such a big part of my life. I love you and your family for making me part of your family as well. I loved Forth-of-July fireworks at your grandmas, sleeping downtown for the Pioneer Day parade, dance class, soccer team (go Yellow Sunflowers!), Real games, sleepover, High School Musical premieres, dollar movies, St. George trips, double dating, inside jokes, working together, being a part of each other's weddings, and having the greatest friend in the world. Even though I don't get to see you nearly as much as we used to, you have always been and always will be my best friend. I love you and I'm grateful to have you as a friend, who is pretty much like my sister as well.




My Mom -Mom, there is so much that you have done for me and I don't know if I'll ever be able to thank you enough. You were always my biggest supporter in dance and in anything else I set my mind to. You support everything I do. You love me unconditionally even when I've been acting like a brat. In high school you wrote me a letter that both broke my heart and made me realize how important you are to me. You helped save my life. When I went through one of the worst things of my life in college you drove up here right away and took me out to eat and took care of me. You helped me to become  the person I am today. You are perfect in every way and I can only hope I end up like you as a parent and as a person. You mean so much to me and I love you!



My Dad -Dad, when I told you that I didn't want to continue with college, you didn't get mad. You didn't chastise me for wasting money, you didn't try to convince me to stay, you didn't make me feel bad. You trusted my decision and you supported it. You've supported me through everything my entire life, writing, dancing, blogging, and you've shown your support in so many ways and helped whenever you could. You've always been there to keep our family protected and well cared for. You work so hard and you care for us so much. I love you daddy and I am forever grateful for you!



My Husband -Sometimes I like to wonder where I would be if I hadn't met Chris, but the thought terrifies me. I know, without any shadow of a doubt, that my Father in Heaven led me to Chris, He knew we needed to be together, because without Chris I would be nothing. No one else in my life has brought me this much happiness. I can count on him for everything.

Chris, you are my life. I love you more than I thought I could ever love anyone. You make me happy when no one else can. You always know what to say to make me laugh. You let me watch my favorite movies over and over again. You buy me treats and gifts for no reason. You treat me like an absolute princess. I love you. I'm so grateful to have found you, and even more grateful that I get to keep you for eternity.





My Readers -All of you reading my blog, you may never know how grateful I am for you. You are what keeps me going when I'm feeling discouraged. You are what brings me joy with each new comment of like and appreciation. I love being a blogger and getting to talk with all of you. You are so incredible and I am truly grateful for you. 


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get to spend time with the people you are most grateful for in your life! 

3 comments:

  1. This made me teary eyed. What wonderful people you have in your life and how lucky they are to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee, I am proud to call you both daughter and friend. Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...