Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I Am Going to be a Writer

You may or may not have noticed a new tab under my blog header called "Writing". It will hold all my future blog posts about my writing process as I work to attain a nearly life-long goal of writing a book. I won't get into details now, just click on the tab and learn all about it. 

I am faced with a million challenges as I am trying to write a book. Lack of time, lack of energy, writer's block, "that story has already been told", criticism, feeling too much pressure (mainly from myself), but mostly feeling like I'm not good enough to do it.

While writing a book has been a goal for the majority of my life, I have never finished one, and this discourages me. It scares me. But remember that quote:


For too long I have let my discouragement and my fear hold me back. I have put off writing long enough and I'm making a change. I am going to be a writer. Whether successful or not is for the future to hold, but I will publish a book, multiple books! I will write out all the stories that have been collecting in my head for years. It's my time to work, to make this dream a reality. I'm going to fight for it, no matter how long it takes.

I am going to be a writer. Just you wait and see. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so jealous

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best summer jobs for college students is writing or how it is called now - content management. E.g., you can work as a biography writer or any related job.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...